Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to Japan

After two very uneventful flights and over a day in transit I am in Osaka, enjoying the Sheraton's wi-fi. I had the gift of travel gifts, three seats in my row all for me, watched two movies and four episodes of "House of Cards" and was served two meals and a snack. I'm settling in and relaxing dora little while and then I'm exploring the department store next door to the hotel. I've had great recommendations about Japanese department store dining and will have dinner there. 

While waiting for my tour group to meet up with our guide I was interviewed by a crew from Japanese television who asked what I was most interested in seeing during my visit. Definitely, the cherry blossoms in Kyoto, though I know there will be many other things that will make memories.




14 comments

TARYTERRE said...

Lights, camera, action. How exciting to be interviewed. Whatever your itinerary I know you'll have a wonderful time. Cherry blossoms sound lovely. I can smell their sweet fragrance. HAVE fun. So cool to be following your adventures from here to there.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had a great trip and hope you enjoy it all.

The Cranky said...

You're a star! Now I can say "I knew you when..."

Theresa said...

What a wonderful trip! Can't wait to follow along as you enjoy this journey! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Wow, Buttercup is making headlines on her first day in Japan. Move over Madonna, Buttercup has arrived.

Debbie Harris said...

They love their cameras!
Happy to hear you made it safely
Sounds like you will keep yourself busy with many delights.
Enjoy your time away.

Debbie

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Wow! Have a great time!

Paula said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Sola Scriptura said...

I was praying for your travels this morning, thinking about your long journey. It sounds like you're already having a wonderful time and are now a television star over there!

Susie said...

Buttercup, I hope you are truly enjoying your great trip to Japan. I wish I were with you. There would be just too much to see and do for me . Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Nellie said...

It is so very good to hear from you, Buttercup! Have a wonderful time experiencing Japan! xo

Linda said...

Beautiful!! I can't wait to hear more!!! Blessings

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every minute!

Little Wandering Wren said...

You certainly know how to travel in style - great idea to take a film crew with you, with everyone thinking you're a superstar, (which of course we all know Buttercup), but you should be upgraded all the way to the front of the queue for the cherry blossom photos - ha ha!!
Will enjoy following your adventures!
Wren x