Powered by Blogger.

(Various Shades of) Pink Saturday

It's a beautiful Saturday in New York City and time to join the fun for Pink Saturday. I know this title sounds close to "Fifty Shades of Grey," but it's a lot less racy. This tiny park sits between two office buildings and is just half a block from my eye doctor's office. It was the perfect place to sit outside and read before my appointment yesterday. I thought the impatiens would be a good choice for Pink Saturday.

I'm making every effort to relax and just let myself heal. My eye is feeling and looking much better and I am keeping track of the eleven times a day -- three different drops -- I need to treat it. I did get out for an outing and was delighted to find local apples at the fruit and veggie store. I also bought a lime and am going to treat myself to homemade guacamole tonight.

Any Keurig users in Buttercupland? I won a sample pack of "Brew Over Ice," which consists of four Keurig samples of iced tea and coffee. I'd like to send it to the first person who leaves a comment telling me they would like it. I'm not sure when I'll get to the post office, but I think it will be iced coffee/tea season for awhile. Today feels like a perfect summer day and there's very little humidity.

As always, thanks for visiting and have a pretty in pink Saturday!

12 comments

Ann said...

Well I am a Keurig user but have never tried the iced-one. I would try it for sure. I love the pink impatients, they helped you relax a little.
Ann

Denise said...

Carol,

I am way behind in reading your blog posts. So sorry to hear about your foot. I broke a bone in my right foot when I had my left leg in a cast. Matching black boots. How cool. Take care of yourself.

Nellie said...

I am a real fan of pink, and the impatiens are a favorite!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you heal quickly! Take care of yourself!

Annesphamily said...

I hate to see a Pinkie under the weather! Heal quickly please. Always nice to see you here. Lovely post. HPS! Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for sharing.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the pretty flowers. Hope you heal soon.

Barbara F. said...

Carol, I knew about the foot, but what happened to the eye? xo

Mary said...

Lovely pink impatiens! Wow! Eleven times a day with the eye drops. I hope it heals well and quickly! Rest, rest, rest, and oh yes, take it easy! :)

Lynn said...

11 times per day that is a lot, pretty impatiens photo, and I can well imagine the frustration of being laid up-

Theresa said...

Beautiful pinkaliciousness:) Hope the eye is better! Have a blessed week, HUGS!

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Love your "boot"! At least you don't have to worry babout what shoes to wear. Sorry then you had eye problems. We must be soul sisters, I had a broken fascia tendon in my right foot, then while dealing with that, a abraishon in my right eye. Literally from "head to toe!" All I can say is: "This, too, shall pass!" Keep your chin up, but watch where you are walking! :-) {{HUGS}} Joy

Lynda said...

Those flowers are some of my favorites!