Powered by Blogger.

It's National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day

In the interest of spontaneity I am postponing the planned post for today and declaring a Buttercup Holiday. For the more recent citizens of Buttercupland, a Buttercup holiday is a spontaneous -- there's that word again -- holiday. It generally falls closely after another holiday when I find that I'm having trouble getting back into the routine. It's one of the great privileges of being the monarch of Buttercupland. Sometimes it's a day to stay in flannel and drink hot cocoa, but today we're celebrating National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day.

My favorite New York deli\and home of a great pastrami sandwich

Last year I found a list of American food holidays. Almost every day in the year celebrates a different food. Today is National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day. Yesterday was Peach Melba Day and tomorrow is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. In the interest of healthier eating I'm celebrating the thought of having a hot pastrami sandwich. I am also celebrating the thought of a big plate of French fries and a coke, with sugar. 

What favorite food are you celebrating in thought?

Wishes for a yummy Buttercup holiday and a terrific Tuesday!

11 comments

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy yummy..i love your blog is always so much variety..i dont understand somethings..are you a writer ?

Deanna said...

yum, a hot pastrami sandwich on rye with mustard and a pickle on the side with fries...yup, I can do that!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for joining here is my inglish blog if you want to joing
i have made it so people can read inglish...the google translator isnt that clear

http://lightopmijnpad.blogspot.nl/

Denise said...

My favorite food - Pizza. I think it would be my favorite even if I wasn't Italian. It takes a lot of willpower for me not to eat it every week. Not even every month. I have three pizza places within walking distance and I live out in the suburbs. What temptation!

Simply Debbie said...

My favorite food is Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and homemade chicken and noodles. I could eat fried chicken every day and not tire of it but I eat a subway with full breast chicken and bacon, cheeses and wheat bread.
I hope you are having a wonderful week....congratulations on Miss New York becoming Miss America. Miss Oklahoma was second runner up.
hugs

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sounds so very good. Hope you enjoy your sandwich and all the rest! Every day there is something to celebrate and good food is a wonderful way to do so!

Amrita said...

The post title makes me feel hungry

Unknown said...

Sounds good! Of course I mostly celebrate chocolate.

Maggid said...

Get me to a Deli . . Quick!!!!
-g-

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

John would love to share in National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day. Me... I am a Peach Melba Day enthusiast!

Lynda said...

What a cool idea - - I googled American Food Holidays! Hard to pick favorites but chocolate-covered strawberries would be wonderful - - or strawberry ice cream with a piece of Ghiradelli Caramel-filled milk chocolate on the side!