Powered by Blogger.

I'm Reading...


Actually once again, I have a guest post to share with you. In keeping with an all-Arizona weekend, my dear blog buddy, Melissa, of A Beautiful World, wrote about this novel and kindly let me share her thoughts with you. She is an Arizona blogger and the story takes place in Sedona, one of the most beautiful spots in Arizona -- or anywhere!

Thanks to Melissa for sharing her review with us. 

"Three Moons Over Sedona" was written by Sherry Hartzler, and it's a book I downloaded from Amazon.  It usually costs a few dollars, but when I found it it was free.

The protagonist is an Ohio woman in her 50s named Georgia Mae.  As the book opens, she has recently become a widow.  She is surviving but not really living.  On a whim one day, she decides to take a drive in her late husband's classic car.  She ends up taking quite a road trip and her final destination is Sedona, AZ.

The book discusses the journey she takes while dealing with grief and betrayal, and the characters she meets along the way.  There is Zoe, who owns a gift shop, and Trish, a cafe owner.  Both of them have some mysteries in their pasts.  Last but not least is Doc, an attractive retired physician.

I really enjoyed this book.  It kept my attention and I read it pretty quickly.  The character development was good and the author is pretty adept at dialogue.  The setting of the book, Sedona, is a picturesque area that was woven nicely into the story.

The only part that bothered me was Georgia Mae's tendency to quickly lose her temper with others.  In retrospect though I think that was part of her "rebirth."  She was pretty mousey when her husband was alive, and we get to see her begin to stand up for herself and her needs.

I want to mention a site called BookBub.com.  If you have an eReader, sign up with this site and you will receive a daily e-mail with book bargains, at least one of which is free.  That is how I've found some pretty good books to download to my Kindle.
Happy reading!

I definitely want to add this to my reading list. I think it's a great choice for cold winter days. Please stop by and pay a visit to Melissa's blog. It's also a fun place to visit, rain or shine, cold or warm. 

I'm not sure that putting a focus on Arizona was the catalyst, but it's almost above freezing here today. I'm about to do a few errands -- bank and grocery -- and get some air. I may actually avoid hat hair.   

My wishes for a no hat-hair day to you!

15 comments

Theresa said...

Sedona is one of the most gorgeous places I have ever visited. Enjoy your day dear friend. Big hugs

Ms Sparrow said...

A recently widowed or divorced woman always makes a great protagonist for starting a novel! One of my favorite movies is "Over the Hill" with Olympia Dukakis. I keep hoping it will be released on DVD!

Pondside said...

Sounds like a good read, and something to whisk one away from a sluggish and grey day.

Melinda said...

Interesting.
I'll have to write this one down.

M :)

Chatty Crone said...

I know where Sedona is, but I haven't read this book. Looks good though.

Mevely317 said...

'Looking forward to meeting Georgia Mae and her friends!
... I'm always gratified (if) I discover a character with whom I can identify, one some level or another.

Meanwhile, I'm off to meet Melissa and check out BookBub.com.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the link to find daily kindle deals - yay!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I did read this book and enjoyed it very much. Hope your Sunday was a great one.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Thanks for featuring me, Carol!

Patty Sumner said...

I have never heard of Bookbud.com..I am going to have to check that out.. I have a kindle Fire of which I loooove...I read each night...It is my down time before sleep..The book sounds very interesting... Georgia Mae Kinda makes think of all the times I just wanna do something totally adventureous.....Blessings!

Bobbie said...

This looks like it will be a good read. I have about 5 books waiting... so hopefully by summer... Thanks for sharing this.

Nellie said...

Thank you for this review, Buttercup. It has created some interest for me.

Our temperature was near 50 today, so we have had everything melt from the ice on Friday.

Yes, it was a no-hat day here!

Sending wishes for a good week ahead!

Grammy Staffy said...

Sedona is a beautiful place. We are going to Flagstaff next weekend if we are better. We plan to visit family and then go to the grand canyon.
I notice that you have the Princess special cruise deals on your blog. I just booked an Alaskan land and cruise deal through them for May 25th. It is a great deal... almost $1,ooo less than usual. It is 4 nights on land and a 7 day cruise with a balcony for only $2,089 per person. Why don't you come and cruise with us? Let me know if you are interested.
Hugs, Lura

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Thanks honey for this post because I am always looking for a good read.
Love
Maggie