Powered by Blogger.

A Hop and a Skip to Country Dreaming

My sweet blog buddy, Melinda, at "Country Dreaming" , is once again participating in the card project for children in the Kansas City Metro area, who will be hospitalized over Valentine's Day. I know there are lots of talented bloggers out there who could make fabulous cards! All the details are on Melinda's blog -- just go to the link above. It's a chance to let your creativity for hearts and pink and fun go wild, as well as bring smiles to kids. It's one of my projects for this weekend, and a perfect activity for a cold weather weekend.

I took today off and a had a lovely and relaxing day. I spent some time exploring Whole Foods for my paleo shopping list, stopped off at Staples for a quick errand and had my annual appointment with my opthamologist. He said the loveliest words, "See you next year." I also discovered several programs for "senior women in transition (e.g. retiring)" at the local Community Center. The first is on Thursday night, and weather permitting, I'll be there.

I had signed up for a program at Etsy in Brooklyn for tonight, but the thought of coming home at this time of night in this cold -- it's a bus ride and a train ride and a walk -- was too much. I will be on the lookout for other Etsy activities when the weather gets nicer.

Please don't forget to visit Melinda's for details on the card project and to meet a lovely blogger. 

Wishes for a cozy night!

10 comments

Melinda said...

Carol--
Thanks for the lovley comments.
I really appreciate them!

To the readers here at Buttercup,
please stop by.

M :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a sweet idea and how very thoughtful! I will stop over for a visit. Stay warm. xx

The Cranky said...

What a lovely idea, thank you for sharing Carol. Stay warm!

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful idea!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had a day off and that you decided not to go out for the evening program. In this cold I try to stay in as much as possible. It's 9 degrees here this morning. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Theresa said...

Sounds like you had a really busy day:) You are taking a walk down retirement lane that I took 11 years ago! It was a bit scary but it was the right thing for me! My Dad was aging and I got to spend his last years with him... priceless days! Have a blessed day dear friend! It is cold up there, I watch GMA! Hugs!

Nellie said...

I just want to thank you, Buttercup, for your visits to my little blog.

It sounds as though you had a good day on Tuesday. I'm actually reading this on Wednesday afternoon.

Sending along wishes for a good evening to you!

Susie said...

Buttercup, I know it's cold there, saw the today show. It is really cold her also and snowing on and off more in our near future. I know it won't last...but I am burned out on this winter already. That's how I know I am old.Stay warm and cozy at home. xoxo,Susie

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really is such a nice idea! I'm glad you had good news from your eye doctor. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Ms Sparrow said...

There is something so nostalgic about little black Scotties. I'm not sure why but they always remind me of my childhood.