Powered by Blogger.

Pepe Wants an iPad

Play ball, Pepe

I spent a great day with the Teacherfishes on Sunday. We walked along Orchard Beach in the Bronx and had dinner in City Island, and we enjoyed lots of good conversation. Mrs. Teacherfish asked about Pepe and hoped to hear more about him. I hadn't realized it, but Pepe has gotten a following. He's still the same level-headed, modest monkee and hasn't let his popularity turn his head. But this modest baseball playing fellow has a dream. He read about the orangutans at Miami's Jungle Island and now he wants an iPad. How can I tell this sweet little guy that iPads are just not in the Buttercupland budget right now?

I was so taken with this article. An obscure fact about Buttercup is that I love orangutans. So much so that one of my most exotic vacations was a visit to Borneo and the opportunity to observe orangutans. It was a long way to go, but a fabulous experience. Is anyone else an orangutan fan?

Sweet wishes for Thursday!  

9 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am fast becoming a fan of Pepe for sure. I Pads are nice but not in my budget either. If I was blessed with an extra one or two I'd send one your way...meanwhile it is a wonderful Thursday here! Hope you have a great day too!

Ms Sparrow said...

The orangutans are gentle, intelligent animals and really need the support of humans to avoid extinction. I'm so glad that you're one of those lovely people!

TARYTERRE said...

Orangutans are very smart. Maybe somebody in Blogland will send Pepe an iPad. Sometimes dreams come true??? Fingers crossed for you little fella. I'm loving that pink hat. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Buttercupm, you and Pepe can come and play iwth my Ipad while I take Rocky and go to New York...I think I like that switch-it's win win...but I dont' know you'd do in the Burbs. LOL

Mimi said...

HI!!
DID you see DISNEY'S EARTH day movie this year???ALl about orugutans...I missed it, I was in Paris, daughter took her kiddos and they loved it!!!
Check it out!!
hugs,
jamie

Theresa said...

Oh how fun! Cute too:) Enjoy your evening dear friend, HUGS!

Teacherfish said...

Hey! The Yankee uniform is covered! Maybe Mariano Rivera would let him play with his Ipad with him- he's got plenty of time on his hands right now! Thanks for a great Sunday.

Melinda said...

Very cute!

Melinda

Sheilagh said...

I love orangutans, we could learn a lot from them. xxx