Powered by Blogger.

Do You Still...

...use a travel alarm clock?




Somewhere in the far recesses of one of my dresser drawers is my travel alarm clock. But it's lost to a back corner of the drawer, just like my class ring. I am still hopeful I find my ring, but the travel alarm clock is something that is no longer part of my life, even one as cute as this one I found on pinterest. I haven't brought an alarm clock on a trip in years, generally relying on hotel wake-up calls. But this was one thing on the suggested list from the college, a list I didn't look at until we were on the train to Massachusetts. I'd never used the alarm clock on my phone, and Jane, my college roommate, had some doubts about my technical expertise and was afraid we would sleep through the entire reunion. I assured her that 1) I could learn to use the phone alarm and 2) it's a long time since I have slept soundly through anything. No surprise, I was up before 7:00 a.m. and the alarm worked just fine. Inquiring minds want to know, have you switched over to the alarm on your phone, or do you still use a travel clock?

I returned from Massachusetts to summer in New York City. My surgery is exactly two weeks from today and I had my pre-surgical testing this morning. I will be working four more days, two days this week and two days next week, and then will be going out on medical leave. My leg does hurt, but I am not sorry for delaying the surgery for the trip to Rochester, Reunion and an event in New York next week. I hated the thought of missing the first two events and I am hopeful that I will be able to attend the program next week. I find I am very tired at the end of the work day and fall asleep early. I don't get to do much blog visiting, so I am very appreciative that so many blog buddies are stopping by. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the prayers, friendship and support. 

Wishes for a sweet Thursday!


16 comments

Nellie said...

I seem to have an inner alarm clock the past several years. No travel clock goes with me, and I also don't use a phone alarm feature.
Sending you the best for the next several days as you face your surgery.

Anonymous said...

Good Evening, Don't you worry about blog visiting. Get all the rest you can in the next two weeks. I continue to remember you and your upcoming surgery in prayer.
We have not traveled in many years and we recently gave up our cell phones....I carry an old wrist watch in my purse!!!!! During the night without my glasses nearby, I have a "talking" clock that lets me know the time!
Hope you have a restful night.

Chatty Crone said...

For travel I have the hotel call me.

Okay what surgery?

sandie

Teacherfish said...

Yup- I use the cell phone. It is my calendar, my newspaper, my instant game player for boring meetings, and doctors offices that keep me waiting and if I start in with the receptionist I'm going to have to find a new practice so just play another game of Angry Birds. I'm looking for the model that vacuums the living room. Hope you're taking it easy. Open offer still stands.

Barbara F. said...

I might be out of the loop here, Carol, but what surgery are you scheduled for? Hope it goes well and speedy recovery. I think I might have a travel alarm buried somewhere, I do use the alarm on my phone if I am away overnight, which lately never happens. xo

Lynda said...

I use my cell phone - - - was concerned about relying on it at first but it does a great job. Hooray for being able to go to sleep early and sleep well. I can sleep well all night - - - just sometimes have trouble drifting off.

Mevely317 said...

Me, I'd probably figure a way to mess up my cell while trying to set the alarm. But hey, you made me smile at a memory! Mom was right about getting to the age when you CAN'T "sleep in."
Even on my days off, I'm up by 4 or 4:30 :(.

So glad you've elected to take some R&R prior to surgery!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

You just take good care of yourself and don't worry about anything else.. I will keep you in my prayers dear friend.
Blessings,
Penny

Yannie said...

I use phone alarm ever since I have mobile phone.

Yannie said...

I use phone alarm ever since I have mobile phone.

TARYTERRE said...

Hotel wakeup calls, here. I am keeping you in my prayers. I am hoping this surgery will bring you some relief. things here are crazy too. so if i dodn't make it back in time, remember I'll be thinking about you, ok??? HANG IN THERE. Take care. GOOD LUCK.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The last time I traveled there was a clock in the room and it was set just in case, but I was up before it went off. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's not an easy time at all for you. Glad you are able to do those things you want before your surgery. Hope your Thursday is a wonderful one!

Theresa said...

I haven't used an alarm clock since I got my iPhone:) It is my alarm clock! I will be praying for you as you head into surgery and thru your recovery! BIG HUGS from this Georgia Gal!

Nancy said...

After waking up at 4 am during my working years, I don't need an alarm clock -- I always wake up before or at 4 am, no fail.

Have you in my thoughts and hope the next two weeks aren't too painful for you.

Catherine said...

I like the old fashioned alarm clock. I wake up on my own but on special occasions I use it just to be sure.
I will keep you in my prayers that all will be well dear.

Ms Sparrow said...

I have never owned a travel alarm clock and don't wear a watch or own a cell phone. I am totally at the mercy of strangers when I need to know the time. So far, so good!