Powered by Blogger.

What Do You Call...



Chocolate...

covered onion rings?

No, I'm not launching a food career. Besides studying we do a lot of chatting at our monthly Bible study sessions, and we always have snacks. As we put out our snacks one of the group mentioned that he liked to eat raw onions. Someone heard that as fried onions and somehow the thought drifted to chocolate covered onion rings. I asked if these sweet and savory onion rings existed, what would they be called? We came up with some names and I thought this was a topic I'd take to my blog buddies. Just for fun, what would you call chocolate covered onion rings? I'm voting for Chocorings. If they can manufacture Funyans, there's a future for Chocorings. 

Besides discussing snacks we had a great study. We're studying 2 Kings and enjoying it so much. I know I read it in Hebrew School in 1962, but the years of living and studying give this study an extraordinary richness. We studied Job before coming to Samuel and then Kings, and I thought the study of Job would be the best I would find, but each cycle of learning is such a rich and extraordinary opportunity. 

I hope your day was one of laughter and richness, too. Wishing you a sweet, sweet Sunday! 

12 comments

Anonymous said...

Chocion rings!!!

Have an enjoyable evening and a wonderful Sunday tomorrow.

Paula said...

Chonion Rings! I love chocolate, and love onion rings, but together? Maybe not!

Thanks for commenting at Home In Douglas, and thanks for following as well! I am returning the favor and looking forward to reading your blog. One of the great things about being a new follower is going back and reading previous posts - it can keep me busy for hours!

Tanna said...

Yumrings!! ;) Thank you so much for your encouragement and your sharing your story! blessings ~ tanna.

Natasha in Oz said...

I'm just not sure I could try choconion rings! Way too out there for me!

Best wishes and happy weekend!
Natasha in Oz

TARYTERRE said...

OnionChocS. Personally just the thought UNSETTLES my tummy. Not crazy about either. LOL take care.

TARYTERRE said...

OnionChocS. Personally just the thought UNSETTLES my tummy. Not crazy about either. LOL take care.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm not so sure I'd try those out either. Just like someone came up with chocolate covered bacon...the two just don't go together for me. I love Bible studies. I often think how differently I think about what I've read and learned compared to when I was younger. It's like reading something completely new. Hope your have a wonderful Sunday!

Sheilagh said...

I like both, but not together, not a marriage made in heaven ... but chocolate covered pretzels MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

pembrokeshire lass said...

Just found your blog and it seems such fun. What would I call chocolate covered onion ring?...'horrible'?!
I love the bible referneces too. Think I'll be your latest follower> Joan

Theresa said...

I love onions and I love chocolate... why not try your creation? Enjoy your evening, HUGS! You have made me HUNGRY:)

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh I have never ever thought about chocolate and onion rings and I think a lot about both - individually. lol
sandie

Donna Elick said...

Hmmm... Choconion rings sounds good to me. I image you would have to sweeten up the onion ring batter before putting on the chocolate, but I would certainly try them!

Have a fabulous week!