Powered by Blogger.

Pinterest Travelfest -- Welcome to New Mexico!




When I think of my fantasy travel list New Mexico is just about at the top of places to see in the United States and Santa Fe and Taos are at the top of my list of New Mexico sights. I was so keen on this that we thought about driving to Santa Fe from Sedona last month, but the distance in real life is much greater than the little inch on the road map. I realized that Santa Fe would have to wait for another trip all of its own. This is a trip I hope to make this fall with the group I traveled to Chicago with last November. In the interim I am feasting on the great pictures on Pinterest, including this one of  the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, in Santa Fe. Fantasy travel doesn't beat real life travel, but it has its own set of charm, and I am enjoying this desk chair view of the USA. Any other desk chair travelers in Buttercupland?

It was tough getting my concentration back at work this morning after the pre-holiday excitement last week. I did have two meetings this morning which helped bring me back to reality. The chocolate eggs brought in by a generous colleague sweetened my day. Hope you had something to sweeten up your day, too!

10 comments

Mevely317 said...

You're speaking my language, Carol ...
So glad you're making this trip, and can't wait to hear your impressions!

Amrita said...

Have a good time.

TARYTERRE said...

This looks like a lovely place to visit. As an armchair traveler, myself I will be sure to put it on my list. You are going to have so much fun when you go with your friends. Take care.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am definitely and arm chair traveler. Most of what I've seen over the past few years has been sitting in front of my computer. It's wonderful you have some travel plans in the works...more for me to see, I think. Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

Theresa said...

Pick me up on your way! I would love to go too:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Jeanette Levellie said...

Yes, your comment about doggies in sweaters on my blog sweetened my day today--thanks!

New Mexico is lovely--you'll enjoy it!

Jen

Ms Sparrow said...

In just the past week I have enjoyed the colorful religious pageants in Sevilla, Spain courtesy of Mitch at mitchellismoving.blogspot.com! It's well worth the time to look at the wonderful photos of the parades of artifacts and pentitents in the narrow streets.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I have been to Santa Fe once --in the '80's... But--hubby and I drove through New Mexico last Summer on our way to the Grand Canyon. Hope you can get there in real life sometime.

Hugs,
Betsy

Susie said...

Buttercup, When you said it was farther than the inch on the map...that made me think of my mother. She was angry once that my sister went to Florida and didn't drop her off near Birmingham, Alabama...because it was so close on the map. I told mom , an inch on some maps could be 500 miles or more.:):)Smiles, Susie

Paula said...

My family comes from New Mexico - they came from Spain to New Mexico (then New Spain) in 1670 and stayed as their nationality changed from Spanish to Mexican to American!

I love New Mexico, even though I have never lived there. It feels like home.