Powered by Blogger.

Come on Over for S'mores

On this long weekend, I can't think of anything more fun than a Buttercupland barbecue. I'm having hamburgers and veggie burgers, macaroni salad and slaw and a big bowl of baked beans. Let's add some home made relish and watermelon pickle and a pitcher of lemonade. For dessert, we're having s'mores.

We'll be serving in the cozy and adorable s'mores lounge.
At BlogHer this was one of my favorite places. 

For folks who are unfamiliar with s'mores, they are a graham cracker sandwich, with the filling of a piece of Hershey's milk chocolate -- the beloved Hershey bar of my childhood -- and a toasted marshmallow, all oozy on the inside and golden on the outside. They were the mainstay of every backyard cook-out and every Girl Scout campfire. I don't think I've had one in forty years, and I am not embarrassed to say I may have made up for the lost forty years.

 Settle in a cozy chair...

...or around the tiki lights. It's all yummy!

The folks from Hershey couldn't have been nicer. One person suggested using "Mr. Goodbar," the Hershey chocolate bar with peanuts for a variation. What a happy discovery!

So glad we could share a barbecue and s'mores. My fondest wish is that we could meet up and toast our marshmallows together. Maybe next year at BlogHer! 


15 comments

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Hi Buttercup: Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog and for becoming a follower. I am so happy to know you, especially through Lura...Isn't she such a sweetheart! I love her! Yes, it has been years (too many!) since I have had S'mores but do love them. When I was in NY in 2oo2 I stayed at the hotel right next to the Hershey store and spent a lot of time in there. LOL Thanks for the invite to your bar-b-que for today. I know how much fun it was and the food sounds spectacular! Visit me again and I will become your follower when I finish this Hugs, Joy

Barbara F. said...

Buttercup, for a city gal you throw a heck of a bbq! Love the menu, and being that it is in "Buttercupland, NO CALORIES!!! Bring on those s'mores, girlfriend! xo,

Unknown said...

Since I don't do bbq, Harold can join you ... I'll settle for the s'mores.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

TARYTERRE said...

You did it. You went and made me hungry. I'll be happy to help you eat all that yummy food. I'm taking the next flight out to visit. A fresh pitcher of lemonade sounds so-oo delicious. It would quench my thirst about now. And the S'mores are going to prove irresistable.

LeAnn said...

I loved the menu for the barbecue. We started the s'mores things with our grandchildren visits this year.
Keep on enjoying those moments.
Visit my blog sometime @
Living Waters by LeAnn
http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Sounds delicious! I would love to have joined you:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Mom of 12 said...

We love smores at our house. We have used the Hershey's with Almonds, but never a Mr. Goodbar. We'll have to try that next time.
Sandy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is one thing I get often when camping and I do love them. Holiday weekends always seem to be full of good food. Glad you had such a great time at blogher.
Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

Grammy Staffy said...

I ate too many sweets on our holiday yesterday.... but a s'more for breakfast was perfect today. I also enjoyed the walk I took with you to the donut shop. I am glad that you are starting to feel better. I've been praying for your speedy recovery. I am still thrilled with the outcome of the surgery. We are both blessed. Have a good day. Hugs, Lura

Cathyjo said...

Sorry I miss out on the Bbq. sounds like it was verry yummy.
Glad we have your geting better your in my prayers as Lura still is,She is such a dear.But did she eat the last s'more? thats fine.
(hugs)

Cindy said...

Your menu made me very hungry. I love coleslaw, baked beans with hamburgers!
The s'mores sound very yummy, too!
Hugs, Cindy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I missed a Labor Day BBQ this year as I was jet lagged and sleepy, so your virtual party sounds so good to me! I have not had a smores in many years ... I loved them back in the day.

Are you going to BlogHer Convention in NYC next year? It is so convienient for us! Was it really worth it?

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Belated Labor Day - looks like you had a delicious one! Love, sandie

Lynda said...

I can tell you are feeling much better. Praise God for that -- - and thanks for hosting a barbeque for us. The menu sounds great! What fun the Blogher sounds like. Any idea where they are having it next year?

Amrita said...

never had them, but they sound delicious