Powered by Blogger.

Remembering Tim Russert

It's Father's Day and Sunday morning and a year and a week since Tim died. In a different part of my life Tim and I crossed paths many times and how blessed I was. And how blessed we all were for Tim's presence.

Some people's presence in your life makes it better and some people's presence in the world makes the world better. That was Tim. When I first met Tim he was working for Sen. Moynihan and Tim was a close friend of a colleague. He'd drop in to visit Bob and just come by and say hello. I worked in a room with five other people -- noisy but lots of fun -- and during his visit he'd stop and chat. Sometimes he'd be part of a group who would have a drink together after work. Tim was friendly, smart and without any pretense.

I've loved reading "Big Russ & Me." This is a wonderful memoir of two men, Big Russ, Tim's father, and Tim. I enjoyed it immensely and highly recommend it. I especially enjoyed the stories of Tim's growing up in Buffalo, which reminded me so much of details of my growing up years in Hartford.

To my father, to Kathy's father and Jess' grandfather, who was so dear to me and to Tim, happy Father's Day with the warmest of remembrances and thanks.

3 comments

Jess said...

That's really beautiful. To all the dads and people who are like a dad to someone, Happy father's day.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

That's such an interesting story about Tim Russert. I will have to read that book.