Powered by Blogger.

Movie Mania Strikes Again





I've taken to carrying my camera with me just in case I find something "blog worthy," and on most days I am taking pictures. I was riding with a colleague tonight on my way to being dropped off at the subway and as we were driving down a quiet side street in Greenpoint, Brooklyn I spotted the big trailers that are the sign that a movie is being made. He graciously went around the block to pull over so that I could take pictures to share with all of my dear gentle readers.

The movie is "Bounty" and despite intense googling I couldn't find any information about it. The street was decorated to look like the Fourth of July in a small town. I've thought for years that Greenpoint looks out of another era, as there's been little renovation and the signage and small stores have the look I remember from the '50s and '60s. Obviously other people thought the same way. I especially like seeing the movie equipment together with the street decoration for the film.
So enjoyed sharing my evening's excitement!

5 comments

blushing rose said...

Well, got some get photos ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Greenpoint sure is pretty! Very small-town looking...how pretty to see it decorated, it fit right in with flag day! I like that float, too!

k and c's mom said...

Oh! If you knew how your pictures from New York are totally changing my image of the place. (Of course, I live in Texas and rarely see a cowboy...)This looks like a little village from days gone by.

Chatty Crone said...

Looking forward to hearing about the movie!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

How exciting!
The movie, The Grass Harp, was filmed right down the street from my house. The set designers rented a lot of art from my gallery to place in the old house. It was so fun to watch it all take place!
I'm going to have to keep a watch out for Bounty. Let us know if you hear anything.
Have a wonderful day~
♥,Lilly