Powered by Blogger.

It's Tylenol, Ice and Physical Therapy Time (Again)

 

A Selfie at Lincoln Center, Summer for the City

There are no complaints in this post. I'm grateful that I have both a Spinal Clinic at a major teaching hospital and a physical therapist on speed dial. Actually, not literally on speed dial, because most of my communication with the medical world -- and a lot of the rest of my world -- is done via email and apps. I'm grateful for that, too, because it saves a lot of time spent on hold listening to music I'd rather not be listening to. 

I met the most recent medical professional to enter my life on Monday and it's a return to Tylenol, ice packs and yes, once again, physical therapy. I was hopeful that half of 2023 had gone by and I didn't yet have a prescription for physical therapy and wouldn't. The unbroken streak of physical therapy yearly since 2012 will not be broken in 2023. There's no set diagnosis yet, but the pain and numbness are most likely an extension of the stenosis that was first diagnosed in 2019. 

I'll be taking a break from strength training at the Y, but my goal is to return once I'm finished with physical therapy sometime in the fall. I'm grateful, too, that one of my goals at 73 is to continue strength training and to be as active as possible. The Tylenol, ice packs and hot showers have been helpful and with a few exceptions I'm as active as usual, and happily able to type this post without difficulty.

Thanks, all, for the prayers and good wishes. I know I couldn't get through all of the unexpected bumps in the road without friends, near and far, and very fortunately, I don't have to go it alone.  

As ever, thanks for visiting and be good to your spine. It's the only one you have. 

1 comment

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry for your pain, and hope you are soon better. I'm thankful too for Tylenol . It helps a lot.