Powered by Blogger.

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day, circa 1952
 

Happy and healthy Mother's Day, my friends. I hope this is a day that will bring you happiness, whether it's spent with your mother -- what a joy that would be -- your children, friends, relatives or the sweetness of happy memories, some very long past. 


This is my favorite picture of my mother and me, (at least today) and most likely taken in 1952, just before my second birthday. And yes, there's more than a slight resemblance. I've written about my mother many times and with each Mother's Day, birthday and holiday, I'm once again struck by how fortunate I was to grow up with so much love and encouragement. Oh,  how lucky I was, and continue to be, as I bask in the memories of good times past. 


Here's to good times present! Bask in the affection of friends and family. Find a child to encourage and enjoy the happy times shared with them. I know for some this is a difficult and heartbreaking day. Please know that the affection of Buttercupland is with you today, and thank you for being part of the Buttercupland family. 


I'll be back later today for a fun Pink Saturday post with a discovery I made in England. 


As ever, thanks for visiting. Lots of love, today and every day!  

3 comments

Carol said...

Wonderful picture of you and your mother. How special a loving and caring mother is.

Mevely317 said...

I love this photo of you and your mother. Weren't we so blessed?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I am late in commenting, Carol, but the photo of you and your mother was delightful to see. Sadly, I do not have as many similar photos of myself and my late mother.