Powered by Blogger.

Bidding Farewell to Biddestone and All Adjacent Points

Thatched Elm Cottage, Biddestone, Wiltshire England 

It's taking me a lot (lot) longer to get back to any "normal" routine than I expected. A lot! Usually a week after getting back from vacation inside of a week I'm totally back on track, but as you can see by the lack of posts, this is not the case this time. I've gone grocery shopping, done laundry and paid bills, but a lot else is a work in progress, including blogging. 

There are at least a dozen posts I could do from my visit to England and France, and I hope to do a few of them, but I'm starting my recap with the beautiful village of Biddestone. It was only a quick visit, but one that has stayed with me. No, I haven't started packing to move there, but I did look at real estate availability. Nothing in my price range!

  
"Main Street" Biddestone

The Manor House, which dates from the Seventeenth Century


The first settlement of what would become Biddestone was listed in the Domesday Book in 1086, just after the Norman conquest of England in 1066.  If I envisioned the picture perfect English village, Biddestone would be the personification. There's a pub, a duck pond and several churches, the latter of which we didn't get to see. 


If Biddestone hadn't melted my heart with Thatched Elm Cottage, the duck crossing sign would have done it. 

My visit to Wiltshire was spent with a dear blog friend. We had a wonderful time and I'm so grateful to Sybil, Mary and Peter for all they did to make my visit so lovely and memorable. 

My goal for today is to walk, enjoy a second cup of coffee, continue post-vacation organization and do some reading. What's on your schedule?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great day. 
 

3 comments

Jeanie said...

This looks so charming, like the town that I would love to live in! Oh, those houses! And ducks! Welcome back, Carol!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Welcome home, Carol, although we do wish travels could continue longer, but then are the practical things at home as you mentioned. Your travels look wonderful from this post and sure you provide more about them in the next few weeks. The duck sign was fun.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

It looks like a quaint village. Certainly not a lot of traffic or congestion. Thank you and Happy Mother's Day! Cathy