Powered by Blogger.

We're Running a Little Late for National Croissant Day

 

A great way to start the day!

I've done a lot of posts about my favorite coffee shops around New York City and far beyond. Though I've cut down my coffee consumption -- not by choice, but by medical "strong suggestion" -- I still drink and enjoy coffee every day. It might seem that I'm drinking coffee in a different cafe every day, but most of the time my coffee is made at home. 

Earlier this week one of my neighbors brought me a croissant, which was so sweet and  thoughtful. I looked at the coffee "dripping" and my croissant waiting for me, and I thought that it's been quite awhile, if ever, since I shared my at-home coffee routine.

I limit myself to one cup in the morning at home. This gives me the option to have a cup of coffee if I choose with friends later in the day -- though not too late in the day. I use a Melitta filter, which is a drip system. It's simple to use and makes an excellent cup of coffee. I've used it for forty plus years and hope to keep using it for a long time. 

I've used larger coffee makers and have one for times when I have people over and want to make more than a few cups at a time. I've also used the "pod" system at work. It was very exciting at first, but I found all the different types of coffee tasted the same after awhile. 

If you're a coffee drinker, what's your preferred way of making coffee? And what's your favorite treat to go with your coffee? I love croissants and just for information, National Croissant Day was January 30. 

I'll be back tomorrow with the Pink Saturday post for the week, and I hope you'll stop back, too. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a sweet Sunday.  

5 comments

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That croissant and freshly brewed coffee looked like a wonderful combo, Carol. We have an auto coffee maker which also has a pod feature for when one of us wants a single cup. Most days I only have a single cup of coffee in the morning and then tea later in the day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am not a coffee drinker, but that croissant looks delicious! Have a great Sunday.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have a Keurig coffee maker that makes one cup at a time. For me it is perfect. I do have a larger pot for company, but that doesn't happen very often. I like using the K cups so I can enjoy a variety of flavors. Rarely do I ever get coffee out. But do enjoy it when I can. Hope you never have to give up coffee altogether.

Mevely317 said...

I never heard of that Melitta drip system!
Akin to a French press? We presently have a Keurig pot which suits our different strength preferences -- and (almost) immediate gratification.

Mevely317 said...

er, make that 'pod' -- not pot.