Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to Old San Juan

Romance on the walls of Old San Juan

Usually when I travel I like to see as much as possible. There's so much to see and I generally think I may not return to a place a second time. But this was my third trip to
Puerto Rico and I knew how beautiful the beach was and I wanted to experience it as much as I was able to. But I also wanted to spend one day in Old San Juan,  the original and well preserved area of the island's capital. 

San Juan was founded in 1508 by Juan Ponce de Leon. The streets are a mix of beautiful houses, churches, restaurants and stores, surrounded by the original walls of the city. I especially enjoyed seeing the  bright colors of the houses.  

Loved this bright and sunny facade... 


...and these three bright buildings in a row


I especially enjoyed the architectural details that I saw throughout the area. 


I'm just about back to my usual New York routine, including this Pink Saturday post. Next blog post is the Blogaversary giveaway, which is from Puerto Rico and then we'll get ready for No-Spending February and Focus on Groceries. I kept track of my grocery spending last February -- #GroceryFebruary -- and I'll be tracking my spending again. Never saw the egg issue on the horizon last February. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and thanks for being part of Buttercupland. 


4 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Great pictures. Looks like a fun place to visit. I have always wanted to go there. I hope you have a great week. See you again soon!

Marcia said...

I've never been there but husband has. He went on a mission trip in 2019 to help rebuild houses in the interior. He had a trip to San Juan at the end.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a beautiful place to take a trip to. I love the colorful buildings and all the sunshine! Color makes such a difference !

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A country that is not on my immediate wish list, but enjoy seeing it through your posts. Old San Juan looked colorful as well as interesting.