Powered by Blogger.

On the Eleventh Day of December: Pink Saturday Goes to Lincoln Center

 

Lincoln Center at night, with Your Voices in the center of the plaza


Your Voices is an illuminated and kinetic (moving) sculpture on the plaza of Lincoln Center. I watched it being built, not knowing what the final product would be and how it would look. I didn't anticipate the magical look it would have, especially at night. This photograph was taken last night after my visit. I was standing at the bus stop and realized I had the best holiday bus stop view in New York. 


A little background on Your Voices

Seeing the New York State Theater where the NYC Ballet dances through the sculpture


Looking towards the Metropolitan Opera House


Inside this magical world

I love blogging, but definitely needed a quick vacation on the ninth and tenth days of December, hence the slight gap in the posts. But I'm back on my goal to post daily. I may take a few more quick vacations, but I'm hoping to be here every day. I will be back before 10:00 am tomorrow morning with the "big reveal." It will be a quick post and then I'll be back later in the day with pictures. 

It's been a good weekend and I (almost) feel ready for errands and fun and all the excitement of New York at this season. I've got no complaints about too much to do, because the excitement and busyness is everything I hoped and dreamed the last two Decembers. Happy to share this Pink Saturday fun today.

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a cozy week. 



5 comments

Sandi said...

Wow!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What an amazing experience to see this work of art. I know how exciting NYC can be at this time of year and glad you are having such a great time, albeit a bit envious myself.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a beautiful sight! A welcome one on a dark winter night ! These days are getting very hectic. Christmas will soon be here !

Chatty Crone said...

That was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! And 700 hundred languages - I didn't even know there were that many.

Jeanie said...

That's beautiful and so festive. I'm loving your journey through New York!