Powered by Blogger.

(Belated) Double Fun: Monkey Monday and Halloween

 

Pep, Little Harry and Baby Yo, dressed up for trick or treating

Yesterday was a big day in Buttercupland. It was Monkey Monday and one of our favorite days, Halloween. We don't do anything super-scary for Halloween. Pep isn't one for spooky or scary. His buddy, Baby Yo is a big fan of pumpkins and candy and their new friend, Little Harry is very shy. But they all enjoyed getting dressed up and the peanut M&Ms I brought home. 

My neighborhood turns into a Halloween extravaganza and this year was especially festive. I'm going to share a few of my favorites, though nothing too spooky. There was spooky and scary and many that were just lots of fun. Since Pep, Baby Yo and Little Harry -- our new friend -- are easily scared, we're going with a few of the fun displays. 


Yes, it's a little spooky, but also bright and fun


Cute and sweet!


My favorite display of pumpkins and flowers

  
Tomorrow morning I leave for dear Joni's funeral, which even as I type these words I am in disbelief. I'm also going to spend time in Connecticut with other dear friends. The weather promises to be beautiful and it will be the autumn time in New England that I dream of, except for the reason that brought me there. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and give your loved ones an extra hug or two! 

7 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes Fall in New England would be a treat except for going to a funeral. So sorry for your loss. Now that Halloween is over I'm looking forward to pumpkin pie and a big Thanksgiving dinner. The holidays are going to roll by fast. Take good care and have a good trip.

Lynda said...

Praying your trip is wonderful in spite of having to say, "Good-bye" for the last time to your dear friend. Hopefully the gathering to celebrate her will be a good time of fellowship with others. That often happens at funerals.
These events remind us to cherish the gift of each day and the people we love.

Sandi said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My condolences.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Wishing you aafe travels to you, Carol, on the sad reason for your trip. Those neighborhood displays looked like fun ones to see.

Sandy said...

Hope you have safe travels and good weather. And am sorry to hear you need to go to a funeral of a friend. I hope you'll be able to enjoy time with other friends while in Connecticut. Cute decorations. I'm with you, Love the flowers and pumpkins, very festive

LC said...

May precious memories accompany you on your trip. Your description of your school days together makes me sure that your trip will continue the celebration of your of the two of you doing life together!

Lowcarb team member said...

I felt sure I'd commented on this post; perhaps it's gone into spam folder.

All the best Jan