Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to the Farnsworth Art Musuem

 

This week's Pink Saturday adventure is in Rockland, Maine. 

Despite all of sad travel stories this summer my travel to Maine was relatively uneventful. I did have delays going to Maine -- missed seeing a friend and our shopping time at LL Bean -- but coming home was as good a flight as I could ask for. The heat has eased up in New York City -- thankfully -- and I'm settling back into my New York routines.  

My visit was wonderful and there isn't one thing about it that I would change. Beautiful weather with sunny days and cool evenings. I needed the long sleeved shirt and leggings that I brought with me and it was perfect sleeping weather. The days flew by, with an outing daily and time to sit on the porch and enjoy the view of the water.  There was also time for fabulous meals, lots of laughter and great conversations. So grateful!

One of my favorite days was a visit to the Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland, Maine. The Farnsworth is known for its collection of paintings by  American artists, but we were there specifically to see the exhibit on the life and work of Ashley Bryan. Bryan was an African-American artist and illustrator of children's books. He taught at Dartmouth (after my time there) and then retired to the beautiful Cranberry Island, which is off the coast of Maine. During his years on Cranberry the flowers of the island were his focus.


I was enthralled by the colors Bryan captured. 

As much as I enjoyed the museum visit, nothing surpassed the natural beauty of the Maine coast. My next post will feature a few of my favorite photographs, but I'd be remiss to do a post on my visit without at least one picture of the water. I promise more to come. 


One of the beautiful views from Spruce Head Island, Maine


As ever, thanks for visiting and good wishes for the week ahead.


2 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

WHAT A NICE break you had . I love the colorful picture too and the cooler nights must have beeb heavenly. We had a beautiful weekend here with temps in the 70's. It's going to be hotter this week, but i'll keep cool in the air conditioning. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Sandy said...

Sounds like a wonderful and relazing vacation. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Porch time, that makes me smile.