Powered by Blogger.

May the Fourth Be With You

 

Happy Star Wars Day from Jedi Monkee Pep and Baby Yoda

I'm not quite sure when I first heard the phrase, "May the Fourth Be With You, " but I had to ask what it meant. I learned it was word play on the Star Wars phrase, "May the Force be with you" and it celebrates the Star Wars Universe on May 4th. 

Pep LeMonkee didn't have to ask about May 4th. He's a long-time Star Wars fan and even became a Jedi Monkee several years ago. He was so happy when Baby Yoda (known as Baby Yo in Buttercupland) joined our family in December and they've both been looking forward to Star Wars Day for months.

They spent the day watching clips from the Star Wars movies on YouTube and eating snacks. They both love pizza and chicken nuggets, or as Baby Yo calls them, chiccy nuggies and they had lots of both to celebrate. Pep also likes waving his light saber, but no fear, none of the rest of group has to worry about wild monkee use of the light saber. Please don't tell Pep, but it's not a real light saber, though it's a perfect light saber for Jedi Monkee.   

Though May fourth is winding down, party animal Pep and friends are getting ready for another favorite celebration, Cinco de Mayo. There will be tequila tomorrow and a very tired monkee on Friday after two days of partying. 



Happy Star Wars Day and happy Cinco de Mayo! Has anyone joined Pep and Baby Yo in a Star Wars celebration today? Any celebrations tomorrow? 

I'm not exactly sure what I've been doing, but it feels really busy. I went for my six-month mammogram yesterday and was happy that all was well. So relieved when the radiologist said, "See you in six months." I had my own little celebration eating lunch in Central Park with my friend, Mary. The weather was lovely and so enjoyed sitting outside on a perfect spring day. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy Star Wars Day. 

2 comments

Chatty Crone said...

May the 4th have been with you and happy Cinco de mayo!

Billie Jo said...

May the fourth be with you!
My daughter loved this post!!!
And so glad to hear you are good for 6 months!!! Have a cozy evening.