Powered by Blogger.

Happy Birthday to Betsy

 

The birthday girl at St. Martin's Cross, Island of Iona, 2019
This is one of my favorite pictures from our trip to England, Ireland and Scotland

My dear friend, Betsy, celebrated her birthday yesterday. We had a fun celebration on Cinco de Mayo and yes, I'm a day late for a birthday post. But isn't it a birthday month to celebrate, not just a day?

Betsy and I met in 1968, our freshman year in college. We were assigned to the same floor of the same dorm and were dorm-mates for two of our four college years. There was lots of laughter, late night conversation and many meals shared. After years spent in other cities we both landed in New York City in the mid-70's and lived two blocks away. Later on we lost touch, but we very fortunately came back into contact and discovered we lived four blocks apart. 

Since then, we've had many cups of coffee, book discussions and walks in the neighborhood. We've also shared college reunions and minis-reunions, wonderful times at Betsy's cottage in Maine and our fabulous trip in 2019. So many sweet memories!

Dear Betsy, I'm so glad destiny made you a neighbor once again. Wishes for this birthday and many more, happy and healthy, yet to come. 

Dear Edna, I didn't get back to the Community Garden, but I found these yellow tulips 
among the blossoms on the next block. 

We've got a cold and rainy weekend -- I wore my winter coat today -- but I'm hoping we get  a little sun for the celebrations tomorrow. Of course, our Pink Saturday Mother's Day celebration will take place rain or shine and I hope you'll stop by for a visit to celebrate with Buttercupland. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a very happy Mother's Day.

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Carol.
This post brought me sweet tears. I, too, treasure our friendship and look forward to future adventures together.
Much love,
Betsy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful you got to go to England. That cross is beautiful as is your friendship with Betsy. It's a beautiful day here, in the 60's and sunny!

Edna B said...

The yellow tulips are beautiful. And pansies are one of my favorite flowers. Awesome photo. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Jeanie said...

How wonderful, having such a good friend for so many years. I'm glad you are near together again! Add my birthday wishes to others for Betsy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful write Carol n picture is girgeous