Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Takes a Mini-Vacation

 

It's a Pink bike for Pink Saturday


One of my favorite spots in 2O21 was Breezy Point at the very end of Queens, New York. There have been other Buttercupland visits here over the years, but I thought it was time to make a quick return visit for our first Pink Saturday post of the new year. When I saw the pink bike I knew that it would be the perfect Pink Saturday post. 


Even though Breezy is within the borders of New York City, the feel is very beach life far from New York or any city. It's not the only beach in New York, with 520 miles of coastline, longer than the coastlines of Miami, Boston, San Francisco and Los Angeles combined. Some of our beaches are world famous, like Coney Island and others are little known outside of the area, like Breezy Point. 


A visit to Breezy almost always includes a walk to the dunes and the beach.



Beautiful beach sunset


Last year I visited seven states, including a quick lunch in New Hampshire. Neither I, nor anyone else knows what the year ahead holds, but I'm optimistic that there's more travel this year than last. But even if I don't get very far, this post has made me realize that there are beaches yet to be discovered throughout our 52O miles of coastline. Do you have travel plans/local excursions you're hoping to explore this year?

Today was a quiet day, and not unpleasantly so. I did a lot of reading, had a Zoom call with friends, got in my walking and picked up a few groceries. After almost sixty degree weather for the last few days, the weather if finally becoming winter and snow is expected tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it's only an inch or two and I'll get out to the post office to mail a few packages. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and good wishes for the week ahead.   

7 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello. I hope you have a good week. We have plenty of snow and ice here and more is expected next week. I had no idea there was a place like Breezy Point so close to NYC. I always learn something from your posts. See you again soon!

Theresa said...

Oh the beach sounds wonderful! It has been really warm here too but this week it is supposed to feel like Winter. Enjoy your day dear friend, I look forward to following along on your 2022 travels. HUGS!

Edna B said...

I would love to be on a beach now. With no snow! You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Here's to more happy wanderings in 2022 Carol Wishing you a very happy new year!
Wren x

LC said...

Your post gave me a delightful armchair excursion to New York. Hubby and I are enjoying home after a 31-day trip for a Jackson Hole, WY, wedding and then on to the Oregon and California coasts before heading back to our Mississippi coast.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That pink bicycle was the perfect lead-off photo, Carol, and how lovely that you had some winter beach time. We did a bit of travel within New England during 2021 and also to visit family in NJ and PA. We do have a major road trip upcoming in Feb when Grenville (Patrick) is going to a ham radio convention in Orlando, FL, and I'm going along for the ride, quite literally, as we will be driving there and back with many stops along the way. Hope your travel plans for 2022 take you to some new and exciting locales, even if close to home. Sometimes, those are the best type.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog. Happy new year ��