Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to Lincoln Center

 

Today Pink Saturday visits Lincoln Center

I wish I could say that I was at Lincoln Center yesterday for a performance, but it was a less formal visit to see the holiday decorations in the neighborhood. I'm not quite back to my previous event attendance, but I am looking forward to more theater going in the future. 

One of the goals of my visit was to see the Christmas tree at Dante Park, which is across the street from Lincoln Center. It was well worth the trip, especially for the decorations. As a long time fan of ballet, this may be one of my favorite trees ever. 


This beautifully decorated tree was a bright spot on a cloudy day



I was especially enthralled by the ballet shoes as decorations. I didn't see them at first, but as I turned the corner they caught my eye. Knowing that "The Nutcracker" was playing across the street gave it special meaning.

Going from the sublime to the ridiculous -- as the saying goes -- yesterday was SantaCon, a relatively recent addition to the New York City holiday celebration. SantaCon was on hiatus last year, but has reappeared this year. The theme of the day is dressing in Santa Claus outfits and visiting many bars. There are very few bars in this neighborhood, so I'm assuming Rudolph did not give these Santas very good directions. A big thanks to my friend, Lonni, who noted that Rudolph had shirked his duties here. 




On a different note, many thanks to all for your gracious notes about my recent plumbing disaster. I'm happy to say that the pipes were fixed on Monday, but not surprisingly for a building that was built when William Howard Taft was President, there's work left to do. Fortunately the work to come doesn't interfere with running water in the kitchen, and I'm grateful to be cooking again. 


What a difference a day makes!


Barring a major change of plans and circumstances tomorrow is Monkey Monday: Holiday Edition, and the entire group is planning to be there. Pep is in holiday attire -- and looking good -- and the Snowman Orchestra and Chorus has been practicing all week. We are so excited for this annual event, and hope you will all join us. 


As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a sweet Sunday.

9 comments

Edna B said...

What a beautiful tree! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's post. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello - I love the seeing the Lincoln Center and that beautiful Christmas tree with you. So glad you got the plumbing solved. You had a real mess on your hands for a couple of days, but it looks much better now. Your kitchen looks so nice and cozy. I love your bright and cheerful plates. I missed a few posts last week because it was trying to get caught up from my weekend out of town. Hope to see you again soon! Have a good week. :-)

Jeanie said...

I'd love to see the Santa Con folks walking about! And gorgeous decorations -- I would expect no less for Lincoln Center or the area!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh how I love Lincoln Center - so wonderful to see. Sorry about your plumbing issues. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh wow, that is a beautiful tree.
Looking forward to tomorrow's post. It sounds like fun.
I've gotten so behind on my blog reading that I didn't know about your plumbing disaster. Going to look for that post now.

Terra said...

I look forward to your photos of beautiful New York each December. Ballet shoes on a tree, very fanciful, and Santas touring bars, that is a new one to me.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Seeing your posts about NYC holiday decorations, Carol, brings back memories of past years of going to see them when I lived in nearby NJ. Glad to see you have your kitchen back again.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The lighted Christmas trees do brighten up the dark days we have so many of . The one you pictured is extraordinary! ! don't have my own up yet but maybe it will be after tonight if my son makes it by to help get my Christmas decorations out of my storage shed. Glad the water is working again. We so appreciate it when its working, but often forget how good it can be.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.