Powered by Blogger.

A Memo from the Buttercupland Department of Buildings

 


Monday, December 6


From: The Buttercupland Department of Buildings


To: Buttercupland


Re: Monkey Monday


Due to a leak in the pipe that provides water to the kitchen line (all the apartments above and below) the plumbers are here and there is a mess. It was hoped that the leak could be fixed via the kitchen, but alas, it's necessary to break through the bedroom wall to access the pipe.  


Pep's clothes are stored in a section of the bedroom that is presently not accessible, and it wouldn't be a holiday photograph without Pep in his holiday finery. I'm (somewhat) optimistic that the plumbing work can be completed today and I can once again use the dishwasher and sink in the kitchen. Filling the hole in the wall (yet to be created), replastering and painting will be a project for the rest of the month, at least. 


Even if this Monday isn't Monkey Monday, we can still enjoy the day. It is the last day of Chanukah and for a festive note, I'm sharing the card crafted by my very talented cousin, Hillary. It brought a big smile to me and I'm happy to share it with Buttercupland. 



 

On a related note, I had a chat with one of the staff at the store where I took the picture I used for the Chanukah post. The bridge print in the corner has no specific meaning for Chanukah. They had it in the store and thought it would look good in the window. Definitely, eye catching. 


Today is the day for all eight candles to be lit. 



The plumbers have returned from lunch and the drilling has begun. That's my cue to sign off on this Monkey-less Monday. 


As ever, thanks for visiting and may all your days be leak-free. 

15 comments

Kate said...

So sorry. Some days it all starts to seem too much. I hope it is resolved fast. Love, Kathy

Sandi said...

You can take this opportunity to change the paint colors, maybe?

Marcia said...

Ugh! Leaking pipes. I hope it was completed within the day.

Jeanie said...

Hillary's card is beautiful and I love your Menorah. Happy Hanukkah. I hope they can get that leak taken care of soon -- it's awful, living in chaos like that!

Theresa said...

Yikes sounds like a mess! Hope it all gets fixed soon. My Nieces are visiting your beautiful City and it is nice to enjoy it through their pictures:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Kerin said...

Sorry about the mess in your place. I do hope that it's fixed up quickly and you and Pep can get on with your celebrations :)

~K.

Rajani Rehana said...

Read my new post

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So sorry you're experiencing all that mess. It aure makes us appreciate when everything is working right.No doubt this is one holiday you won't forget !

Tristan Robin said...

I am sorry to read of your plumbing disaster - and I know exactly what you're going through. We had the same issue in our condo; the plumbing went from the bedroom to the kitchen AND from the dining room to the bathroom. They had to tear out BOTH walls - and WHILE they were doing it (over the weekend when they weren't working, because otherwise it would have just been TOO convenient), while we were at Goodspeed Opera seeing a perfectly bang-up production of Bye Bye Birdie ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wolp2EpLWFA ), our water heater gave out and hundreds of gallons of water stood 3" deep in our entire first floor. It was the thing that finally got us the impetus to sell the darned place LOL. Once the workmen tore out the walls, replaced the plumbing issues, replaced the water heater, the floor people replaced the floors (which had warped), the baseboards were replaced and all the wood work and trim had been painted, we threw that sucker on the market as fast as we could. LOL
I hope you have a far easier time of it!

On a much brighter note - I love your niece's Hanukkah card! I hope you've had a lovely holiday. We didn't do much of anything - no feasts - no gifts. But, I do drag out my menorah and light it every night - even if I do have to shove aside some of the Christmas stuff to do it. :P

So nice to hear from you! Be well!

Edna B said...

Gosh, that leak certainly picked a fine time to spring. Ah, but life would be so dull without all these little pitfalls. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Melinda said...

Sometimes you to give to them.


Good luck!

M : )

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yikes, Carol, what a disaster to have occurred at the worst possible time of the year, but then no time would have really been good. To bad about Pep's photo shoot, but I suspect getting your kitchen back in order is more important at this point. Hopefully, it won't take too long. Thanks for the update on the bridge photo window placement too.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Oh my goodness. How frustrating. I've had a couple of leaks in my apartment as well, so can sympathize. One was a leak that started with a pipe in my bathroom, and I had no idea until I was awakened by our handyman banging on my door, and when I jumped out of bed to answer it, I stepped into water up to my ankles. That was a real shock.
That Chanukah card is so beautiful. Hillary is very talented. I think I would frame it.
Belated Happy Hanukkah. It came o early this year it took me by surprise.

Anonymous said...

What a stressful time you had to pass through! Hope the mess has got into a smiley fixing. Really love the Hanukkah card. And I am sure your plastering and painting project was excellent with new thrill.

Round comforter said...

Just expecting you got the leakage problem into fix and plastering and painting project were also exciting.