Powered by Blogger.

Monkey Monday: The Holiday Edition


 Happy, healthy and merry from Pep Le Monkee and friends

I'm behind on cards and packages, but I'm keeping on schedule with sharing greetings from Pep and all of his friends for 2021. Pep, Bongo (in the Santa suit on the right), DK (in the back of the car) are joining their new friend, Baby Yoda for a spin in the red convertible.  Baby Yoda is holding Pep's gift for this year, a cell phone. 

I know there are concerns about Pep driving and texting, but the Buttercupland Department of Public Safety reports that Pep has completed a safe driving class. In addition -- please don't tell Pep -- his phone doesn't have texting (or calling) capacity. 


Christmas, 2021 and (most of) the group is in festive attire for the annual holiday concert by the Snowpeople and Friends Orchestra and Chorus, a highlight of the season. 


The Orchestra and Chorus
The featured soloist this year was Socko Monkey

The Snowpeople and Socko were in fine voice this year and the finale of this long awaited event was a festive version of Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. I know I say that the every concert is the best ever, but this one was definitely the best ever -- until next year!

The weather in New York is predicted to be beautiful this week and I hope to photograph the places I haven't had a chance  to get to yet. I'm planning to post Christmas in New York photographs through New Years, so I can share all of my favorite places with Buttercupland. 

Besides enjoying holiday time in New York, I've got a busy week ahead. It's my last watercolor class this week, several doctor visits and I've started physical therapy again. I'm going to make sure there's some fun, besides the medical appointments. What fun do you have this week?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week.   

8 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

The holiday concert sounds wonderful! Wish I could have been there to hear Socko Monkey's solo! Hope your week goes well. I am glad you have some fun planned after your doctor appointments!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always look forward to seeing your gang all ready for the holidays! I have some hikes planned while the weather is so nice. That's my fun! lol Enjoy your week!

Jeanie said...

Sounds like you have a full week. My friend from France is visiting and that's my highlight. Lowlight? The second grand got Covid. Hopefully it will be mild. Love the "chorus!"

Edna B said...

Pep Le Monkee and his friends certainly look like they are enjoying this festive season. I'm way behind on mailing my Christmas cards too, but I'll get them done. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Mevely317 said...

Oh m'gosh ... I'm dying over here at the first photo. Pep's own little convertible? I can't even!
'Ma' tells us today's Monkey Day, but I had to confess, the only ones I enjoyed were Michael, Micky, Peter and Davy.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a festively garbed group and that must have been a fun concert. Pep looks like a careful driver and good thing he can’t text while driving. Hope that all your appointments go well and you are able to enjoy the NYC decorations and look forward to seeing them.

Lonni said...

Let the festivities begin!
Safe driving course- good refresher for Pep!
Socko is quite talented- I had no idea!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love your Merry crew thera and the festive outfits, all decked out for the holidays! Wishing you all things Merry and Bright !