Powered by Blogger.

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Let's Go to Bloomingdale's

Greetings from Bloomingdale's! 

On my way to my eye appointment this afternoon, I did a quick stop at Bloomingdale's to see the holiday decorations. Today I'm sharing the first floor and for Pink Saturday, I'll be sharing some very fun outside windows. In the next week we'll also be visiting Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman, both of which have great window displays. 

 Loved all the shine in the cosmetics and perfume section

I'm pleased to report that I wasn't especially tempted by all the fun products and bright packaging I saw during my visit. I did stop and look at a display of earrings, but realized I was looking at a pair that was almost exactly like one I already owned and that put a quick stop to any impulse purchase.

A close-up of the shiny globes


A tribute to National Cupcake Day

One temptation I did have was buying a cupcake at the branch of Magnolia Bakery at Bloomingdale's. I didn't succumb to the cupcake urge, though greatly tempted. If I'd known it was National Cupcake Day, I might have given it a second (or third) thought, or at least taken photographs of the cupcakes, too.  

After my visit to Bloomingdale's I walked over to my medical appointment. It went well and I'm very grateful for that. I've got the dentist tomorrow, which fortunately is just a quick follow-up visit. I seem to be spending a lot of time on maintenance these days, but it's keeping  this classic machine ticking along.  

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Thursday.

7 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those are such fun decoration in Bloomingdales. I haven't been to a big department store over the holidays in years. When I was little, my mom would take me to Downtown Denver to see the fun window displays and decorations at May D & F and Denver Dry - two big department stores there. So glad to hear that all of your check-ups went well. I didn't realize it was national cupcake day. I will look forward to more fun posts from Christmas time in NYC. See you then!

Chatty Crone said...

It was nice to see Bloomingdale's - some old tradition that is still a tradition. The world has changed so much. Love it.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The decorations are beautiful. It would be a treat just to see them all, without buying anything. We no longer have any big department stores close by here and I do miss their displays. Christmas just isn't the same without them.

Edna B said...

Such wonderful decorations. I'd have had to buy at least one cupcake. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Maybe it’s just my opinion, Carol, but these decorations were really not my style for the holidays. Guess I am more the traditionalist who prefers gaily colored decos and lots of reds and greens. The Bloomingdale’s displays really did not impress me. That said, I will be looking forward to future store displays. And I would have been tempted to buy a cupcake.

Lonni said...

Tis the season-

Theresa said...

I know you enjoy the beautiful views in your gorgeous city. My nieces just returned from their Sister trip and they got to see the Rockettes. All shows are canceled now so they got in just in time. Enjoy your weekend dear friend. Hugs