Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to the Connecticut Shoreline

 

Sitting on the dock of the Bay, Niantic Connecticut

This is a somewhat abbreviated (short and sweet)  post, but I wanted to make sure to join my Pink Saturday friends for the first post of October. I've just returned from a too quick visit to the Connecticut shore to celebrate a friend's 75th birthday and am now about to zip off to Vermont to visit K and enjoy the foliage. 

The birthday celebration was wonderful and the weather couldn't have been more glorious. Fingers crossed that this week in Vermont will be equally beautiful, though I'd be content with at least a few non-rainy days and some foliage. I'm hoping to do a few posts of autumn leaves and adventures from my phone and/or iPad. Those posts will be mostly pictures, but who doesn't enjoy autumn foliage photographs?

Now it's time to finish getting organized. I've printed out my boarding pass, closed my suitcase and have just the last few around the house things to do. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful October.


P.S. There's going to be a terrific Monkey Monday post when I'm back in New York, starring Pep LeMonkee. 
 

5 comments

Carol said...

Beautiful shoreline! I need to visit the Eastern Coast soon. I want to go to Vermont, Massachusetts, and New York along with Maine and Connecticut.

Marcia said...

Coming north for the leaves? We're told with the super wet summer and the lack of cold temps at night in September the leaves are not as spectacular as in the past. When the sun comes out though the trees that have changed do glow. Gray day today though.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you have wonderful weather for your visit. But the nice thing is that no matter the weather, the leaves brighten up our days.

Jeanie said...

I have friends from Niantic but I haven't been there in ages. I have fond memories of an earlier, long ago visit and it's good to see your lovely photos!

Edna B said...

You go girl! Connecticut is beautiful. And the foliage in Vermont is breathtaking. Enjoy your trip. Hugs, Edna B.