Powered by Blogger.

Happy National Coffee Day

 

Happy National Coffee Day! 

Long-time citizens of Buttercupland are well aware of my love for coffee. I've posted about coffee many times, including during the A to Z Blogging Challenge for several years. In the last eighteen months I've done much less sampling of new coffee places, both in New York City and in my much curtailed travel. With this post I'm hoping to begin to accumulate new coffee memories to enjoy and to share. 

I chose my original A to Z Challenge after my friend, Arthur, mentioned that a coffee shop in Lower Manhattan had the best coffee in New York City. Arthur and his husband, Anthony, are friends who have become family, and through the years have suggested coffee places for me to try and to write about. When I saw them earlier this month they mentioned they had found a great coffee source in Bridgehampton, Java Nation. Two weeks ago a package -- with the most heavenly aroma -- arrived. It was a pound of fabulous coffee from Java Nation. I brewed my first cup the next morning, but decided to save my post for National Coffee Day.

After two weeks (minus one day when I changed it up with a coffee I brought back from Maine) of drinking the Java Nation medium roast coffee from Honduras, I'm giving this Java National single source coffee an A. I'm not an easy grader when it comes to coffee, but this roast has body, flavor and has been roasted to bring out the best of the bean. Too often my sense is that the beans are over-roasted and the coffee is not strong, but bitter. Major international chain which will go unnamed, I'm thinking of you. Many thanks, Java Nation and A and A for getting my September mornings off to a great start. 

Many coffee places had free coffee/free with purchase today, but I stuck to my delicious morning cup and a half of medium roast Honduras. I joined friends for a luncheon birthday celebration and my drink of choice was tea. Did anyone else celebrate National Coffee Day?

 The weather for Coffee Day had a hint of autumn and for the first time in recent memory I wore a jacket. Love the feel of the air, but don't love the knowledge of what comes after autumn. But I'm off to Connecticut on Friday so I'm going to soak up autumn in New England and try not to think for a minute about what happens after the last leaf is raked. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and enjoy your morning coffee! 
 

8 comments

Iris Flavia said...

I´m still looking for a yummy coffee.
Have fun on your trip :-)

Sandi said...

Hallelujah. Love me some coffee. ☕️

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Fall is definitely good coffee weather. It warms us up! I'm a coffee lover and an coffee addict. I can't start my day without it. I love the taste and the smell. It perks us up and gets us through the day. I take coffee breaks often. Enjoy your coffee and and I appreciate all your posts about coffee. You're a true coffee lover too. .

Marcia said...

The only coffee I could stomach was the sweetened varieties at Starbucks but gave them up because of the sugar counts. I'm a tea drinker.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love a good cup of coffee and have one here at the ready as we speak! Thanks for sharing!

Edna B said...

As I read your post, I'm enjoying my morning cup of coffee. You have a wonderful time in Connecticut. Hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, coffee is a great way to start the morning and my one cup does fine by me. We used to buy some of the flavored coffee grinds, like hazelnut, pumpkin, vanilla but now just stick with regular ground coffee and often add flavored "creamers." Right now our favorite is peppermint mocha, a bit ahead of the season.

Theresa said...

I totally missed Nation Coffee Day but I do have coffee every day:) We have been at the beach, having coffee looking out over the ocean is my FAVE! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!