Powered by Blogger.

Greetings from Stowe Vermont

 

   The leaves aren’t quite as colorful, but it’s definitely autumn in Vermont.

I’m blogging from my iPad, which doesn’t give the same finished product that the computer does. Please excuse the rough edges and type size. I wanted to share the beauty of autumn in Vermont while I was actually in Vermont. 

I’m staying at K’s pretty country cottage ten miles from Stowe. Today was our day to visit Stowe and spend time with friends and family. The visits were a treat, as well as the scenery. The stores and restaurants were crowded with leaf peeper visitors and so we elected for a picnic. This was part of our lunch landscape.Food, company and scenery were all perfect, and the weather totally cooperated.

I’m a huge fan of Main Street, Stowe and love the nineteenth century houses. Below are two of my favorites, all dressed up for fall.




I’ve got two more days in Vermont and then it’s back to NewYork. There are some lovely events to look forward to, but I’d love just a few more days watching the autumn colors.

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week.



5 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely! I would love to visit New England in tha fall. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Enjoy that lovely place while you can. It's not very colorful here yet either. Matter of fact today is more like summer.

Edna B said...

Enjoy your vacation there. It looks so serene and beautiful. Hugs, Edna B.

Marcia said...

Leaves are changing over night here in NH. reds not as bright because no frost yet.

Jeanie said...

What a darling cottage! Leaves in northern Michigan have peaked; downstate, still to come. Have fun!