Powered by Blogger.

Happy Monkey (and Sloth) Monday

I thought we needed a change of pace from the somberness of the weekend and fortunately, our mammal friends came to the rescue. Usually Pep Le Monkee is the star of Monkey Monday, but Pep has chosen to take a hiatus from social media. Instead we're fortunate to have three stars from the windows of the famed FAO Schwarz. 

I made a visit to Rockefeller Center a few weeks ago to see if the construction there was ongoing. I discovered an ongoing construction site, but I also discovered a group of new animal friends welcoming visitors to New York.


Our chimp buddy at the Flatiron Building, front, 
and the Empire State Building, back of the photo. 

Though this sloth is not a monkey or even a primate -- sloths are in the same family as anteaters and armadillos -- I thought he was pretty cute. Sloths are also favorites of my friend, Lonni, who I first met in fifth grade in 1960. My sloth buddy and I are wishing Lonni a very happy birthday (tomorrow).


We've got an adventure (or two) this week, including a great visit to the NY Botanical Gardens. Last year was not the norm for autumn adventures, but this year is looking a lot livelier. I'm hoping to share lots of autumn leaves and pumpkins and apples freshly picked. What are you most anticipating about this autumn?


As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Tuesday. 


8 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fun post. I remember going to FAO Schwartz with my kids when we were in NY for parents weekend in 1999. That is the year my oldest daughter started college over at Kings Point on Long Island. Good memories. It was a fun weekend in the city. Hope you have a good week. :-)

Edna B said...

In 1960 I was awaiting the birth of my second daughter. it was a good year. I think the sloth is adorable. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Iris Flavia said...

Very cute post! Can´t even decide who is the cutest.
Thank you for the smile.

Veronica Lee said...

I didn't know that sloths were in the same family as anteaters and armadillos.

Glad I learned something new today.

Happy Wednesday!

Theresa said...

Hello to these welcoming cuties! You know I love seeing what's HAPNIN' in your beautiful city! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

TARYTERRE said...

i love sloths. i have a pet one named Sebastian. he's stuffed of course. really enjoyed this post of yours. made me smile.

Marcia said...

Those stuffed animals are really catching people's eyes.

diane b said...

Monkey fun.