Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Welcomes Autumn 2021

 

I found these cutie pumpkins at Target this afternoon 

My favorite season is spring, but autumn is very close behind. I try not to rush into any season (except spring), even though the commercial world has us racing to autumn and then Christmas at breakneck speed. But the days are growing shorter and there are a few days where I've worn long sleeves acknowledging that autumn is just about here. I still wore shorts today -- a balmy and non-humid 85 degrees -- and flip flops, but when long sleeves are worn can closed shoes and jackets be far behind?

I spent a fun day in beautiful Bucks County Pennsylvania last week and one of the great pleasures of the day was a stop at a big suburban grocery store. I love Manhattan but we have small groceries without the range of choices outside of the city. Yes, we have pumpkin treats, but I found several foods that were previously unknown to me heralding the beginning of autumn on Wednesday, September 22.


I was taken with both the maple creme and the pumpkin spice sodas I saw on display. Both were (somewhat) tempting, but as I have made massive headway on limiting my soda consumption, neither of them came home with me. 

This honeycrisp apple flavored seltzer did come home with me. It was probably as good as any other flavored seltzer, but one bottle was just the right amount to get me into an autumn mood. I kept thinking it would taste like apple cider, and had to remember that it's seltzer and not  apple cider. The upside is that it had no sugar and no calories. 


The product I regret not bringing home with me are the pumpkin flavored tortilla chips. I might be disappointed, but as a tortilla chip fan, these have piqued  (and held) my interest. I'm hoping for another visit to Bucks County next month and if these chips haven't been replaced by another seasonal flavor, they will be coming home with me. Once again I am reminded that seasonal flavors really come and go quickly and the rule is to buy them when I see them. Limited time really means limited time. 


I wouldn't say that life in New York is back to where it was in March 2020, but it's closer than it's been since then. My Weight Watcher meetings are in a different venue at a different time with a different leader, but thankfully they are actual meetings. Tomorrow I'm going to an off-Broadway theater performance. My memory is that the last time I saw a theater performance was February 2020. I will be masked and present proof of vaccination (the rule in New York state) and I'm excited to see a live indoor performance. 

This won't be the only Pink Saturday  post saluting the autumn. I've got several visits to New England planned in October and hope to get lots of fall foliage photographs. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great rest of the weekend.    

10 comments

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Those pumpkins are so cute.
You found a lot of interesting pumpkin flavored products I've never seen before. Don't think I would have enjoyed the pumpkin flavored seltzer though.

Marcia said...

I haven't seen that brand "Limited Time Originals" before. Might have to take a closer look at the shelves next time I'm in Hannafords grocery store. Leaves are changing daily up here in NH.

Edna B said...

Enjoy your pumpkin flavored treats. Enjoy the theater performance. I miss going to the Cabaret. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Tristan Robin said...

Bucks County! That's my original stomping grounds! I grew up in New Hope, mere minutes from Washington's Crossing State Park (the site of the famous painting). I don't go back nearly as often as I should ... I still have some friends there (my parents left when they retired 25 years ago - and I left when I went to college *cough* 50 years ago). Everytime I do manage to go back, it has changed dramatically from the small artist colony/tourist town I remember as a kid. But, the Bucks County Playhouse is still there - where I actually got my Actor's Equity union card!

Adorable pumpkins. I tend not to do a lot (read: none) Hallowe'en decorating - but I found a display piece that - if I break down and buy it - I may have to actually do a bit of a number this year. LOL

I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored stuff - but maple creme - now THAT I'm on board for!

Thanks for sharing your week - and your wonderful finds!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the look of those pumpkins.
They are definitely cute.

All the best Jan

Nellie said...

Cute pumpkins at Target! Lovely treats you brought back from PA! I think New England is beautiful in the fall....actually, I'm a New England fan any season!

Jeanie said...

Those are really interesting foods. I would have wanted to bring some back, too. It was in the 80s today but trees are beginning to change and nights cool down fast. I want more summer, even though I do love the fall!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm always happy to see real apple cider on the shelf at the store this time of year. It' a favorite of mine hot or cold. I do have some pumpkin spice coffee to make and have bought my first pumpkin pie of the season. Pumpkin Spice is good!

Iris Flavia said...

I do the same often, just take pics, but don´t buy.
Hmmm, it all looks so tempting!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Carol, I am with you on welcoming fall weather as this is definitely my favorite season, summer the least favorite and it’s still meandering out, drat! All those fall themed drinks looked good, but ones I had not seen before. I do know that pumpkin beer is a big seasonal favorite now, but have never tried any myself.