Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Is Wild About Hydrangeas

 

I fell in love with hydrangeas this summer, 
and it's not just a summer crush. 

I've always liked hydrangeas, but before this summer if you'd asked me what my favorite flower was, I'd answer lilacs, then roses and tulips. But after my visit to White Flower Farm last month -- and seeing some of the most beautiful hydrangeas anywhere on earth -- I fell in love with hydrangeas. Once my eyes were opened I started to see beautiful hydrangeas everywhere. 

Hydrangeas were everywhere in Maine, including this farm stand and nursery in Rockport. 

I found these beauties on my way to the grocery store,
just a few blocks from home.  

I've got a treasure trove of hydrangea pictures, but this may be one of my all-time (so far) favorites, which includes the landscape of beautiful White Flower Farm.


The hydrangea season is coming to an end, as all seasons do. But what a joy to discover new seasons and new favorites in this season of my life. Have you found any new favorites recently?

Always happy to join in the fun and great company of Pink Saturday.
I've got a fun week ahead with a Connecticut trip and a visit to a local beach. What are your plans?

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week. 

11 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love hydrangeas too, and have a plant that had lovely pink flowers in my backyard. Thanks for sharing the hydrangeas in your world. Have a great trip and a lovely week. See you again soon!

Edna B said...

I have blue ones and white ones, and I agree they really are beautiful. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Tristan Robin said...

Hydrangeas are one of my favorites, too! - I even love them dried in winter arrangements. Your top photo is one of my top varieties; it's marvelous when that neon green turns pink and there is ju-u-u-st a smidge of the green left at the center. Lovely!

I'm mad for that amazing jigsaw of a stone fence in the photo of White Flower Farm. How long would it have taken to find such perfectly fitting pieces to make that stunning and perfect arrangement?! What craftsmanship - and patience!

Enjoy your holiday on the beach ... I'm afraid I won't be leaving the house. This new variant has got me back to a year-and-a-half-ago and scared to death of people and germs. So, I'm back to lock-down - not even going to the pharmacy. sigh. I'm ready for life to return to normal - do we think it ever will?

Well, there's always lots of blog photos and books and classic movies!

Jeanie said...

Hydrangeas are one of my favorites and the pinks are the best!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your pictures are beautiful and that pink hydrangea is very striking ! They are an old fashioned flower that has never gone out of style. A welcome addition to anyone's flower gardens.This year my new favorite has become the sunny colored somewhat tropical hibiscus flowers.

Marcia said...

I hope to plant some hydrangeas here when I can. I read an article on Mental Floss about how to propagate them from stems so may try that with the hydrangea my daughter has. Thanks for sharing these photos.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We love them, and can not grow them.

The first year, they were magnificent. They went downhill from there. Great greenery. No blossoms.

Then this year, we got a couple of blossoms. lol

Gentle hugs,
🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼

Beside a babbling brook... said...

As a fellow New Yorker, are you happy to see Gov. Cuomo gone?

One Cuomo Bro gone.

One more, to go.

Gentle hugs,
🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hydrangas are quite amazing in that I have seen many variations in color and some multicolor ones. We never gres these in our home gardens, but recently I have seen several in the downtown street plantings here in nashua. Sounds like you have another New England getaway to enjoy. We will be going to another part of NH and then VT next week. In Sept, we will be going to RI, MA, and PA but not all in a single trip.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

They look so beautiful.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Those are some gorgoeus flowers. I have expanded my knowledge of flowers too. I love dahlias as well and still love tulips and roses and lilacs too. Thanks for sharing.