Powered by Blogger.

Happy National Cat Day


In the world of cats, it's always National Cat Day, but today is officially National Cat Day in Canada. I found that there's also an American version in October, and most likely, we'll celebrate our feline friends again in October. The day was founded to raise awareness of the need for cat rescue and adoption. 

I'm a cat fan, but alas, have developed a significant allergy as the years have passed. I'm grateful to my friends who share their cats with me -- Boo, Katniss, Oscar and Bernie. This kitty beauty is a resident of a local small grocery. I assume he's a working cat, and we're all grateful for his efforts. 

My cats all chose me via adoption. I have warm memories of Katharine, Amos, Owen, Pumpkin and Ginger, who have been part of my life. For many years they have been residents across the rainbow bridge, waiting for a kitty treat. The Ancient Egyptians believed that cats would go to heaven, which was described as "The field of reeds," and be revered. 

I plan to be back later with my Pink Saturday post, this week honoring my new favorite, the hydrangea. Hope you'll be back for some hydrangea love and photographs. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and hug your kitty-cat. 

8 comments

Edna B said...

I love cats. Of course, I love all animals. Your friend here is beautiful. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Laurel Wood said...

Sweet photo. You know I love cats.😻

Deb J. in Utah said...

We are cat people too, and although we don't currently own a cat, we have such great memories of the feline members of our family who have gone on. :-)

Anne M Robinson said...

I had a beautiful cat Boots and when I lost him I was devastated. I did not want to replace him. A friend had a friend who had a kitten. This one is a snarky boy. He is spoiled, ornery and bossy. I don't think we will have another cat but I admire those who rescue the ones who need a safe place and [hamily to care for them. It is nice to meet your beautiful friend and hear your sweet story. Always nice to see you here. Have a beautiful week.

Jeanie said...

Lizzie is all for Cat Day -- and she thinks that is every day and that we, as staff, are just there for her. It's a good life!

Lonni said...

Carol, you were the first of my friends to spend quality time with my cats- you cat photography is priceless!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I will take cats over dogs any day, but no longer have either as pets.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

That looks like a very well fed cat.