Powered by Blogger.

Oh Where, Oh Where Has Buttercup Gone?


This is where you would have found me on Thursday, the beach at Breezy Point, which is, perhaps to your surprise, in New York City. I had the good fortune to spend one of the hottest days -- if not the hottest day -- of the year at the beach. Many thanks to my good friends for a wonderful day. It was hot, but the water temperature of the bay was just right.    

My whereabouts on Wednesday, during a day trip to beautiful Washington, CT. I had an iced coffee at the Po, which shares a building with the town post office, visited a favorite bookstore and did a little grocery shopping.    



Tonight you would have found me at Lincoln Center for a concert with Brian Stokes Mitchell, one of my all time favorite Broadway performers. It was the last of a series of free concerts produced by Lincoln Center. Tickets -- two to a person -- were distributed to winners of an online lottery. The evening began with dinner at a restaurant near Lincoln Center and then I walked over to the outdoor stage, shown above. You may remember Brian Stokes Mitchell from spring of 2020. He sang "The Impossible Dream" from his window overlooking Broadway for months, in honor of the essential workers of New York City.  The sky was as ominous as the photograph, but fortunately it didn't rain and the temperature dropped about ten degrees. 

I spent another night this week having dinner with my Monday Zoom group -- so nice to see friends in three dimensions -- and this afternoon I went to an outdoor "lunch and learn" at my synagogue. I am so grateful for all the in-person activities. I didn't mean to neglect Buttercupland, but I'm (more than) reluctant to turn down opportunities to spend time with friends. Love being out and about.

I'll be back tomorrow for Pink Saturday fun with a return to Maine. I hope you'll stop by. 


As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great Sunday.

7 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love hearing about your fun outings and adventures. Hope you are having a good weekend. See you again soon.

Terra said...

You find so much enjoyable stuff to do, events to attend, and even a pretty beach and a warm ocean. I can see you are enjoying your summer, each time I do something out and about I feel daring and happy.

Edna B said...

That beach looks fantastic! My idea of a super day out. You keep enjoying your friends and your outings. Have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Tristan Robin said...

We went to The Po Cafe not long ago! They won the Best New Restaurant in CT award so we had to check it out. Had a wonderful lunch and (don't tell) TWO sinful desserts LOL. Charming - if kinda noisy LOL - place. Loved it.

I've seen Brian Stokes Mitchell five times onstage - in Oh, Kay!, Kiss of the Spider Woman, Ragtime, Kiss Me Kate and Man of La Mancha. Marvelous actor and STUPENDOUS voice! How nice to see him in concert - I have no idea what he's really like - LOL - only how he's been in various roles onstage. What a great opportunity. Those are the wonderful things that I miss about living in New York - the ability to see wonderful art presentations (whether fine or performing). Of course, I don't miss $500 month in parking tickets. LOL

Thanks for sharing - I enjoy your mini holidays vicariously! Have a terrific week.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love that photo of Lincoln Center. Never knew they had an outdoor stage.
The beach looks lovely--and not at all crowded. What a treat.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What wonderful adventures you have been enjoying, Carol, and an outdoor performance is great. Of course, seeing friends in person is even better.

Anne Robinson said...

Ibet the day at the beach was fun especially with the sweltering heat everyone seems to be having. I hope you have a nice evening and thank you for sharing.