Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to Low Spending June

 

I cannot tell a lie about No Spending May. I bought three Marilyn Monroe Pez 
Dispensers for a dollar each in May. It was my only unnecessary purchase. 

No Spending May is officially over and with the exception of the "Collector" Pez dispensers I bought nothing tangible except food. Even when I passed through Target on the way to the grocery section nothing crept into my cart. My only slip was the impulse buy of the Pez dispensers, which I bought to resell on eBay. So far there are no bids, but if they don't sell, I figure I can eat the Pez candies.  

In the spirit of being thoughtful about money -- especially as new temptations arise daily -- I'm now beginning Low Spending June. I found that in the past I've designated February, September and November as low spending months, and for topsy-turvy 2021 I'm adding June. In June past there were a lot of events and travel scheduled which led to gifts and extra spending, but so far this one is relatively unscheduled. I'm hoping that a Low Spending month will help rein in impulsive purchases while I'm in Colorado. 

I did order new sneakers today, which are a definite necessity. I realized I'd worn out just about all the padding in the ones I've been wearing and if I didn't replace them soon, I'd be walking around with holes in my shoes. I also need to get sunscreen, but that's practically a medical purchase and not frivolous. 

I think/hope I've put away my winter jacket for good. The temperature here was in the seventies and sunny today and beautiful. I walked three miles and did several errands I'd been putting off, including the visit to the sneaker store to actually be fitted properly. Tomorrow is my active older adults strength training class in the morning. In the afternoon I'll begin to put together things for the trip. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a wonderful June. 

10 comments

diane b said...

Well done and good luck with low spending June.

TARYTERRE said...

You are doing far better than me. I agree splurging on the Pez was definitely a good investment. I put my winter coat away only to take it back out when temps got down to 49. now they are back up in the 70's . cray cray. have fun in colorado.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You inspire me to think carefully about spending. Amazon and I became good friends during the lockdown months of the pandemic, if you know what I mean. I am doing better and right now, I don't have any pending orders. I did order some hummingbird feeders for my grandkids so they can watch the little birds out in their backyard. Like you, gifts for others is a weak spot for me. I will be interested to know how your Pez dispensers do on Ebay. Some years back, we sold quite a few things on Ebay. Ended up making enough money to completely pay for one of children's braces. Not too bad. I hope you have a splendid trip to Colorado. We are planning some time in Steamboat Springs at the end of summer. Colorado is my home state so I am prejudiced, but it is amazingly beautiful. I will look forward to reading about your trip.

Theresa said...

Good for you NO spending and LOW spending, I should follow your lead. So many birthdays May and June, a Ganky gotta shop:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those pez dispensers are unique for sure. I've not bought one in a long time. I used to get them for the grands and they usually had Halloween themes. Never thought of collecting them. You are to be admired for your low spending and your will power. I only wish I could say the same.

Tristan Robin said...

I love Love LOVE Marilyn Monroe memorabilia - ANY Marilyn Monroe stuff! I even have one full Christmas tree every year of Marilyn ornaments!

Please do not be shy: why you list them on eBay, let me know - my email is blakeman06511@yahoo.com!

I'm trying to think if I've ever gone a full month without spending any money on anything except food - and the answer is a resounding NO. Good on you!!!

Mevely317 said...

Cute PEZ! I 've been toying with the thought of re-entering the e-Bay arena -- but now with postage increases (yet again!) what impact it might have on the marketplace.

LC said...

Can't blame you on the Pez purchases! May June be filled with adventures, low-spending but fabulous!

Karen said...

Good job on low/no spending. I've done this in the past and I find there is almost a freedom about it, not having to make decisions about unnecessary things. The answer is just 'no.' I love Pez containers and buy them for my grandkids, now that my kids have outgrown them. Sometimes I think I get a bigger kick out of them than the kids.

Edna B said...

I just loved that photo of the summer dresses on display. They would be such fun to wear! Enjoy your vacation. Hugs, Edna B.