Powered by Blogger.

(Almost) Back in the Air

 

And the first long distance destination of 2021 is Colorado -- next week!

For the first time in sixteen months -- possibly the longest time since 1972 between flights -- next week I'm off to the airport. I'll be heading to Colorado for a week of Rocky Mountain air, sunshine (I hope), swimming and walking. I'm excited and nervous, which is pretty much how I feel before every trip. 

I made the plans just a few weeks ago and it's only in the last few days that I realized I'm really going away. In the past I'd planned my travel with a long lead time and started putting the details in place months ahead. I've got a couple of phone calls to make to clarify a few things that I couldn't find on line -- mostly questions about needing to make reservations ahead -- but otherwise I managed to put a tentative schedule together for the almost week I'll be there. 

Tomorrow I'll put together the list I make before every trip. I need to remember to cancel my Sunday newspaper, do laundry, reserve a trip to the airport and plan a dozen other details that are part of going away. But for this trip I need to remember extra masks and my vaccination card. The latter is not all that different from the international vaccine card I brought to the Amazon to show I'd had yellow fever vaccine a few years ago. If I forget something it won't be the first time and I hope it's nothing more difficult to find in Colorado than a new toothbrush. 

 I'm so grateful that life in New York City is more vibrant daily. I'm back on the subway as much as I'm riding the bus, the gym in now open seven days a week instead of six and tomorrow, for the second week in a row, I will be attending my Weight Watchers meeting in person and not via Zoom. Just a year ago none of these activities were part of my daily life and I had no idea when they would be. 

As a note about the snow globe above: yes, it's a little worse for wear. I dropped it packing up the snow globe collection before the gas pipe reconstruction last year. I bought Elmer's Glue to seal it and didn't realize that Elmer's Glue now comes in colors. It's held up, but I think I may be time to find a replacement.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

8 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Have a great trip. I am Colorado born and raised and it is still one of our favorite vacation spots. I will look forward to the post detailing your trip. Safe travels!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's so wonderful more and more things are opening up to us Glad you are getting to go on a trip. I don't have any planned yet, still it's good to know it's safe to travel once again.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really sounds wonderful! It's my dream to travel to Vail again...some day!

LC said...

Safe and happy travels! Looking forward to an arm chair trip to Colorado via your posts!

Marcia said...

Wow, what a great adventure post-Covid. We are planning a road tip through Maine for a week in September. I ws nervous about booking some of the accommodations but took the plunge and did it today. Can't wait because dates are already filling up.

Bon Voyage.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sounds like a great adventure after so long, Carol. Best wishes for a safe journey and wonderful adventures in Colorado. I have been to Aurora and Denver but would like to revisit the state one day. Looking forward to reading your posts on your return.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Hope your trip is all you want it to be. I have been there and love it!

Melinda said...

Enjoy your trip!
On your way back, wave as you fly by Kansas.

M : )