Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to Mug Monday

 
My mug of the day, a souvenir of a wonderful week in Italy in 2002

I'm a fan of alliterations and I may be criticized for overdoing them. Monkey Monday and Wedding Wednesday are the two I've used the most and today I'm introducing Mug Monday. It's actually a prod to rotate my mug collection and use the ones at the back of the cabinet. After spending the last year either at home or very close to home, I've gotten stuck in a number of ruts. I realize that rotating mugs isn't a giant step, but even a little shake up in one of my ruts/habits is positive. 

Next to my Italian mug is one of my snow globes. I've got about thirty snow globes, most collected during my travels. This one came home with me from a wonderful trip to Northern Spain in 2006. I walked the last part of the Camino, the pilgrim road from Paris to Santiago de Compostela at the Northern tip of Spain.  In the interest of truth in blogging I didn't walk the entire last 65 miles, as I had planned. On the first day out -- a nineteen mile walk for which I was nowhere near ready -- I developed the worst blisters I have ever seen. I went through my supply of band-aids and mole skin in two days and in an effort to remain ambulatory I availed myself of the luggage car instead of walking on several days. 


To celebrate our first Mug Monday, I'm doing a giveaway. I have a copy of  Craft Coffee, a guide to everything you may have ever wanted to know about coffee and how to brew it. All it will take is a comment with your favorite way to brew/drink coffee. If you're not a coffee drinker, just let us know your favorite hot beverage. Entries are open until 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 21. 


As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

13 comments

Janet Holt said...

My favorite way to drink hot coffee at home is to make a Snickerdoodle Bulletproof Coffee with a fresh egg blended into it. Soo good! My favorite "restaurant" coffee is Dunkin Donuts in Northridge, MA. I like to get hazelnut coffee with extra cream.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can only imagine the wonderful memories the mug and snowglobe elicit. Well, to tell the truth, I am lazy when it comes to coffee. We drink several cups a day, but use a Keurig. The Cuisinart one, to be precise. Phil and I like totally different kinds of coffee, and this solves the problem.

Ginny Hartzler said...

An EGG blended into coffee!? Wonder if it would scramble if the coffee is very hot...

Laurel Wood said...

Hi, what a lovely mug. I have a few pieces of Italian pottery that were wedding gifts to my parents back in the late 40s. When I visit coffee shops or thrift stores, I always enjoy looking at the coffee mugs. Most mornings I enjoy a cup of breakfast blend coffee with half and half. Enjoy your day. Mildred

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I am a coffee drinker for sure but nothing fancy. I have a Keurig and use Dunkin Donuts cups. Love your mug!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I love the aroma of coffee but have never liked the taste. As a child, I woke up every morning to that smell, so when I go into a coffee shop for tea or hot chocolate, I am reminded of my family and childhood home in the northern most part of the Bronx.

Mevely317 said...

I'm grinning wide, on account I've coffee mugs specific to each day of the week. Oh, occasionally one or two will rotate out -- but each holds a specific memory. 💛
99% of the time I drink a dark French Roast (Keurig), but there are days I treat myself to something called "Bulletproof." (https://www.thecookierookie.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/)

Edna B said...

I start every day with a cup of coffee. I don't do fancy. I buy Folgers coffee bags (like large tea bags). If I have to fuss to make something, I don't want it. I don't put anything in my coffee other than just one sugar and a little cream. I love your mug. For years I collected coffee mugs. Finally I had to give most of them away. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Tammy Corvin said...

My mornings are my very favorite because of coffee and books. The aroma starts my day off right with a little personal development book thrown in with it. I love all kinds of flavors and look forward to a different mug each day too. I have so many beautiful mugs that hold such great memories for me. From vacations to ones from my kids. Coffee holds a special place in my heart!!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I am a heathen as I drink instant coffee! Yes, some of us do drink instant. I am mainly a tea drinker, leaf Yorkshire in a teapot, several times daily, and my weekend treat is a hot chocolate in my Velvetiser.
Please, do not include my name in your giveaway, but thank you for the prize, which I am sure someone will love.
Deb in Wales

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love coffee but since this is my very first visit I am not going to enter because it would feel like jumping the queue. (I’m not from England, I just like that word better than ‘line’.). I think the small step of mug rotation is a great one ...anything to shake out of our ruts loose is welcome these days. You had a great idea to collect souvenir mugs on your travels! Practical useable and pretty in addition to the memories. (Wish I’d thought of it,). Enjoyed the coffee break with you. I’ll be back to visit again.

Olde Dame Holly said...

What a pretty mug! I had many as a teacher, it was so sweet to receive them from the kids. I LOVE iced coffee. I gave it up for Lent! I sure miss it.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a very nice mug :)

All the best Jan