Powered by Blogger.

Pleased to Introduce Willa Pink Saturday

 

This Pink Saturday, please meet the very pretty in pink, Willa

I was on my way to the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Friday morning when I met Miss Willa. I stepped off the bus and there was this adorable vision in pink. My intention was take photographs at the Museum for Pink Saturday -- and I did -- but I knew Willa was the perfect Pink Saturday photograph for this week or any week. 

My first stop at the Metropolitan Museum was the Temple of Dendur. The woman in pink caught my eye as I walked through this area of the museum. 

I didn't have an agenda for this visit. I've been to the museum more times than I can count and it's one of my favorite places anywhere. I also have a few galleries that  I visit often and I decided I'd spend time in those galleries. 


I had Degas' beautiful little ballerina and much of the Impressionist galleries all to myself. 

After my visit to the Temple of Dendur and a visit to the American wing -- including a cup of coffee in the reopened and now socially distant cafe -- I made my way to the Impressionist galleries to visit old friends.    


One of my favorite Monet paintings at the far end of the galleries.  

It was a wonderful reunion with Monet, Degas, Renoir and Van Gogh and so many other friends. I was at the seaside, in Paris and in gardens throughout France. I might not be getting to Paris very soon, but, nonetheless, I enjoyed Paris much closer to home. I took a lot of pictures during this visit, so I can share my adventures with all of Buttercupland in posts to come. 

Thanks for all of the suggestions for the A to Z Challenge. The ideas are great and I'm going to incorporate some of the suggestions into my topic. I'll be doing a formal A to Z reveal later in the week and I think you'll enjoy my choice. 

I had a relatively quiet weekend, but one of my activities was watching a live video event with one of my favorite mystery authors, Cara Black. Her mysteries take place in Paris -- yes, I've got Paris on my mind -- and her newest book, Three Hours In Paris, looks terrific. She read the first chapter and I enjoyed it a lot. It was almost, almost as though I was attending a book reading again. For more information about Cara Black and Three Hours in Paris, I'm attaching my post from Coffee Light and Mysteries Noir.    

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care. Colorado friends, stay safe!


14 comments

Terra said...

What a darling ballerina / fluffy outfit dog dressed in pink, and I would choose the same galleries you chose, as potential favorites. I have experienced Paris one year at Christmas, so romantic with rain on the sidewalks and chestnut vendors.

kestrel said...

I am sorry if I appear rude or ignorant but Monet, Renoir or Van Gogh cannot beat Ms Wila. In her pink, she is a classic that should be in a portrait like the Mona Lisa!! I love Art and hope I can get to visit such art galleries when the pandemic is over. Van Gough is my favourite with his yellows and spirals.

acorn hollow said...

well that is quite the sight seeing that princess in bright pink! how lovely to walk among the paintings
Cathy

Laurel Wood said...

Good morning! Oh, Willa made me smile this morning! Looks like you had a wonderful visit and I look forward to more pictures. I love mysteries too. I will stop in at your other blog. I hope you have a lovely start to the week. Mildred

Deb J. in Utah said...

Willa is so cute all done up in pink! Perfect for "Pink Saturday." I would love to go the Metropolitan Museum of Art. How cool that you have been there so much. That book sounds delightful. It's wonderful that there seems to finally be hope at the end of this long Covid tunnel!! Have a great week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The museum sure would be a joy to spend time at. Glad you were able to go and share it with us. Enjoy your day!

Edna B said...

You had a wonderful outing. I love the little ballerina in her pink tutu. I'll bet Paris is beautiful this time of year. Have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Deanna Rabe said...

How wonderful to be able to spend time there! I love Impressionist paintings, and those painters are some of my favorites.

Miss Willa is something else!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I so enjoyed meeting Willa and she is adorable in her bright pink. What a great start to your outing. I love visiting museums and seeing all the memorable artwork. They area all so unique and beautiful!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

One of our Grand Daughters and her friends, were at the MOMA this weekend. -smile- She is working in NYC, and living with her college friends.

😊 😊 😊

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Thank you for the reading suggestion!!!!!

Always appreciate such!!!!

😊 😊 😊

Olde Dame Holly said...

Miss Willa's expression seems to be saying "Yes, I know I'm beautiful, I've heard it so many times, the paparazzi are always taking my photo, but you go ahead, such beauty must be shared, it's my burden..."

Nellie said...

Willa is just the cutest! I’ve heard that pink is the color for the season!

Lowcarb team member said...

Willa looks good in pink.

All the best Jan