Powered by Blogger.

All-Points Bulletin (APB) from the Buttercupland Department of Public Safety

Missing: One Glove
Which may be the story of everyone's winter.



An APB, also known as  KLO4 in Australia and APW in the UK, has been issued for the mate of the plaid glove seen above. Last known whereabouts: My coat pocket. It could be anywhere by now and is missed sorely. Please come home. 

The Department of Public Safety reminds all citizens of Buttercupland that gloves like to go wandering and citizens must be alert to to the whereabouts of gloves at all times. Remember, once you let a glove out of your sight, that glove can be anywhere -- except where it belongs on your hand. Not a pretty story for freezing cold days of February.    

I've been priding myself on keeping track of my gloves the last few years, so the disappearance of this glove makes me especially sad. I brought two pairs of gloves back from Scotland, two summers ago. I got them in Inverness at the same time Nessie became part of the Buttercupland family. I lent the first pair to my cousin in December, 2019 and hoped to retrieve them in the early part of 2020, but we all know the early (and later) part of 2020 wasn't a time for much socializing. Alas, all that's left of my Scottish glove collection is the one lonely glove in the picture. Fortunately, I've got several other pairs of gloves and I'm heeding the warning from the Department of Public safety and keeping close watch over the ones I still have. 

Yesterday morning on Broadway

Today was sunny, but this was the scene yesterday morning. I went out early, before the snow stuck, and had the neighborhood mostly to myself. As I've mentioned many times I'm not a fan of winter, and as the years gone by, my apprehensions about slipping have increased. But in the quiet moments of the morning I appreciated the peace and solitude in the middle of the big and usually very noisy city. New York City has a forecast of snow at least four times in the next ten days. I hope I'm still appreciating it at the end of next week. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cozy!

7 comments

Edna B said...

I sincerely do hope that you find your missing glove. Such a pretty pair! Your snowy photo of New York is very interesting. I am not a fan of the snow anymore though. We're getting quite a bit of it here in New England too. Finding a snow plow person to help clear it all away is becoming a chore. Meanwhile, the white stuff is piling up. I can't wait for Spring to get here. Enjoy your walks and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

acorn hollow said...

How sad to lose your glove and a pretty glove at that. We are getting a bit of snow today little storms for us right now
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hope you find your glove. That looks like a nice pair, and I am sure the remaining glove sorely misses its mate. I love the snowy NYC pictures. Still no snow in the valley out here, although the mountains are white and sadly four skiers died in an avalanche not far up in a nearby canyon this past weekend. We are supposed to get some flurries today. Ice sidewalks are always an issue when we walk and we did encounter some of those on our weekend rounds. It is good to always walk carefully and be vigilant in snow and ice. Have a good Tuesday.

Marcia said...

I had to buy a new pair here in NH from LL Bean as the ones I was wearing just didn't keep out the cold. I'm very careful to keep an eye on those clothes because they cost more than I have ever paid for a pair. And the thing is my hands still get cold but not as much. If I'm out for a walk I add a wool mitten over each glove.

Hope your AWOL glove turns up.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope you find your glove soon. It's way too cold to be without them. I've lost a pair this year and had to buy another. Slowly but surely I'm winding up with a lot of single gloves none matching. I do this every winter so it's nothing new.

Olde Dame Holly said...

What a time for a glove to go missing! An artic blast and soggy air are unfortunately predicted to be heading your way...two or three winter storms are aiming for you up there...

TARYTERRE said...

I hope your glove finds it's mate. i too have lost half of my precious pair. it was last seen at the post office. no telling where it is now. stay warm. stay safe.