Powered by Blogger.

A Few of My Favorite Valentine Things

Always on the lookout for unicorns,  even during a quick stop at Walgreens 

Since I heard about the sad passing of Christopher Plummer, aka Captain von Trapp, yesterday, I've been humming songs from "The Sound of Music." The first one that came to mind was "My Favorite Things," a song that always makes me smile. During a visit to the drugstore this afternoon I saw several Valentine candy boxes that also made me smile. Instead of buying candy. which I absolutely don't need to eat, I started snapping pictures. Inspired by "My Favorite Things," I'm posting a few of my favorites for Pink Saturday fun


Minnie and Mickey have begun their Valentine celebration


I love the look of the pink unicorn and Minnie and Mickey, but for eating enjoyment I'd pick this box. I know dark chocolate is the healthiest, but I am a fan of milk chocolate and I love, love Reese's. I'm also a big Kit Kat fan. It's not a fancy box, but this is the one for me. 


Anyone a fan of conversation hearts? These bring back memories of grade school, but I'm not sure I've had one in decades. I like the idea of the SweeTARTS version. 

What's everyone else's favorite Valentine candy? So far I've resisted buying any candy, though I'm sorely tempted. I try to wait until after the holiday and pick one favorite at half price. I'm a big candy fan and if I started eating now I' have eaten much more candy than I should eat. My eye is going to be on the Valentine Reese's. 

Miss Fluffy thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. I hope to  feature her next week. She was part of a very special wedding, that I'm hoping to blog about on Wedding Wednesday.

I made the most of what, may be, the last sunny and relatively warm February day for the next week. I made sure to get my three miles of walking done -- pictures to share tomorrow -- and several errands. I stocked up with groceries and managed to bypass wings, chips and all the Super Bowl temptations at the grocery.  

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cozy.

13 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a goodidea this was! Ihave ot seen any of these boxes. I hope our grocery store had the cute Unicorn one, our granddaughters would love it! I willlook for it when we go in a few days. Let's see, my favorite candy is maybe Mallo Cups? I love Kit Kat, too.

acorn hollow said...

I like candy but I am not a huge chocolate person. my favorite candy bar would be a pay day with the salty nuts. The storm is going south of us doesn't hurt my feelings we will get a bit but just a couple of inches. I have not heard about the cold but I will get out and walk today. I am making meatballs since it is only husband and I and neither of us needs the junk.
cathy

Martha said...

I love the cute little unicorn. My favorite Valentine's candy is a weird one, Dollar Tree has bags of delicious cherry jelly hearts. I normally buy a bunch but have bypassed them this year now that I'm back to healthy eating and exercise. Glad you are all stocked up. stay warm!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My trouble is picking just one to treat myself with. But as long as it is chocolate, I'll survive. There truly is a box of every kind of candy offered for Valentines day. I could skip the sweet tarts they don't have any chocolate. We are in the deep freeze here so have been staying in safe and warm.

Edna B said...

I love candy too. Especially chocolate. Sad to say, I can't just buy one bag. I need at least two bags. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I used to like milk chocolate best, but over the past few years, I have come to like dark chocolate better. My husband got me a box of See's Chocolate Truffles for Christmas, that are mostly dark and white chocolate and boy are they good. That candy assortment of Hershey's, Reese's and Kit Kats would probably be my choice too. Conversation Hearts are fun, but not my favorite. Hope you have a good Sunday and enjoy the Super Bowl, if that is your thing. See you again soon. :-)

Marcia said...

Dark chocolate is a favorite here too but I purposely don't keep it in the house because we eat it too fast. May have to get some for Valentine's Day though.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've always have been a Russell Stover boxed chocolate fan. I especially love their dark chocolate covered caramels. I always have one of their rectangular boxes in my candy stash...lol. i recently found out the original RS candy was homemade in Denver,Colorado,back last century.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Carol, check out the Kit Kat assortments from Japan that you can get on Etsy. The flavors are insane! You deserve a special treat after all that snow.

Lonni said...

Very sweet observations, my friend!

Karen said...

I do love conversation hearts, however, the past few years I've bought them mainly for decorating. I put them in a large glass candle holder with the candle nestled inside (ala Pinterest). I am sure to keep a small bowl on the side for snacking, so as not to torture my grandkids, lol.

Louca por porcelana said...

I love candy too!Super cute!

Clarisa Herrick said...

Wow!!! What a blog. The way you explain it the way you use this word is mind-blowing. I just love this. Thanks for spreading this knowledge to us.