Powered by Blogger.

Vroom Vroom Vroom

 

Monkey dreams really do come true

I thought that I had hidden Pep's car so well that even the most resourceful (and mischievous) monkey wouldn't find it. But I underestimated our Pep and his faithful buddy, Bongo.  I was engrossed in my regular Thursday morning Weight Watchers Zoom when I heard "Vroom Vroom Vroom." I looked up and I saw Pep and Bongo driving into the living room. 

Either it was monkey intuition or Pep saw me bring in a car sized box, but the monkey duo found their surprise. Pep and Bongo took the first ride and now Socko is waiting his turn. I've asked Pep to watch a driver ed video and review safety rules before he leaves the apartment. He promised that he will do this, but I won't be surprised if I get a call from the lobby letting me know that Pep has been spotted driving down the sidewalk.   

I know Pep has some great driving trips planned, but his first outing will be the stationery store a few blocks away. He and Bongo want to see the train set in the window. 

Pep's first destination

Tonight is the first night of Chanukah. I just finished a wonderful Chanukah Zoom, and am grateful that we could celebrate virtually. So hopeful that next year we will have the gift of celebrating in the same place. I'm going to do a post dedicated to Chanukah in the next few days. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Happy Chanukah!

12 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Chanukah!! Wishing you a blessed and meaningful eight days. Pep & Bongo fit perfectly in their new car. They were very clever to find it, and seem to enjoy it immensely! I hope they drive responsibly and that there is no MONKEY business going on!

Janie Junebug said...

Pep really should have a train, too.

Love,
Janie

Linda said...

Happy Chanukah!!
Talk about Monkey Business - you have some!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Happy Hanukkah, Carol. I am glad that you got to celebrate via Zoom. My gosh, what would we do without Zoom or FaceTime.

It sounds like there is a lot of monkey business going on in your apartment.

Biomaster said...

Love the car and your monkey crew. I do hope they don't get into any shenanigans.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Chanukah to you ! and many blessings of the season. That is a cute car you found and fits two perfectly. Enjoy the day and the season too!

GrammaH said...

I enjoy Pep's adventures! Safe travels for him and his buddies. Happy Hanukkah to you!

Edna B said...

Happy Chanukah. I just love the car! These boys are going to have the time of their lives with it. I see an awesome children's book in the making. That train reminds me of the train that my folks would put beneath our tree, around the gifts. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Happy Chanukah to you, as well! Wishing you a grand weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I got your card this week and love it. Happy Chanukah to you and yours!

Theresa said...

Oh Pepe, love the new ride. How about driving to see me:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That sure is a snazzy ride and the perfect seasonal color too.