Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes Window Shopping

 

For the dazzling mermaid on your shopping list

We've had dazzling weather in New York City -- though the weather forecast predicts a snowstorm or two for next week -- and I took a long walk in the neighborhood yesterday. Fifty plus degree weather made it perfect window shopping (and photographing) weather and I leisurely shopped for many blocks. I'm always on the lookout for material for Pink Saturday, and the stores of Columbus Avenue didn't disappoint me. 

Tie dye, sparkles and unicorns, a modern day version of visions of sugarplums 

Another unicorn sighting on Columbus Avenue

 So cute for Christmas

Tomorrow promises another fifty degree day before the snow arrives and I'm planning on an outdoor lunch in the neighborhood. I'll also do a little grocery shopping and work on my cards. I've also got more photographs of local decorations to edit. What are your Sunday plans? 

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and enjoy the season.

11 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

These little girl's dresses are adorable! I am so glad the weather has been good enough for you to venture out and show us these windows. My Sunday will be getting up early for church, then going back to bed after church! Pot roast for dinner!

Margaret D said...

Very nice.
Enjoy your lunch tomorrow.

Martha said...

Beautiful! Enjoy your nice weather and your lunch out today :)

acorn hollow said...

Such sweet things in those windows so very different than what we see here,
I love that you take us for a walk with you. It is suppose to be 40s for us today a treat indeed.
cathy

Linda said...

I just loveeeeeeeeeee all the pink items, smiles. What's the plan for today? I have today off, I do have to run to Wegmans and Lowes. That is about it. Mild so far in western/southern tier of NY-I see that will change as the day progresses, it is December after all, smiles.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We had a couple of 50 degree days too, but now we are back in the 30's. Loved all the windows and they did a great job of using pink. Although my favorite colors for Christmas are red and green, there is also something to love about pink.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Some very cute ideas! Have a wonderful week!

Karen said...

"Tie dye, sparkles and unicorns, a modern day version of visions of sugarplums" .... I love that:)

Edna B said...

The store windows are so beautiful. I love that knitted hat. I'll have to look around to see if there is any tie dye yarn. I'd love to try it. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

DeniseinVA said...

I am window browsing this Sunday thanks to you :) Otherwise a very quiet Sunday. All delightful photographs. Stay warm and safe. We have snow here too, about a foot they say.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s been great window shopping with you, Carol. The nice thing too is no money is needed for this excursions just a good eye and camera.