Powered by Blogger.

It's Beginning ToLook A Lot Like Christmas: Bloomingdale's

 

Happy holidays from Bloomingdale's and Buttercupland

I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist today and realized I was going to be only three blocks away from Bloomingdale's. Even though taking photographs following an eye appointment doesn't always work well -- my eyes are blurry for hours -- I hated to waste the opportunity of being so close to some of the best holiday decorations in Manhattan.   

I'm so glad I walked over. The outside windows were so bright and lively and I was delighted with the decorations inside the store, too. I didn't do too much exploring -- I'm trying to limit my time indoors -- but I found great decorations on the first floor. We'll be revisiting the store for a very fun Pink Saturday.

Loved the "Give Happy" window, a tribute to the pups and kittens who gave so much happiness this year.  

This candy cane fantasy -- Give Love -- would make a great holiday card. I've got lots of cards waiting to be addressed, but I need to remember this for next year. 


So enjoyed these sweet polar bears. Is anyone else a fan of polar bears?

Unfortunately my eye appointment wasn't as much fun as seeing the decorations in Midtown. My eye pressure was great, but my rare macular (retina) condition was just a tad worse than my last appointment in July. I am so profoundly grateful for my kind and intelligent ophthalmologist and the sophisticated tests that measure every possible detail of my eye. I had no symptoms when it was discovered at a routine eye appointment almost two years ago and I can't stress enough the need to keep up with your eye checkups. No treatment needed now, just my almost daily spinach and vitamins, and I will return for my quarterly checkup at the end of March. 

My project for the next few days is writing cards and wrapping the last gifts for mailing. I'm hoping that Friday will be my last visit to the post office. We had snow today and Friday is predicted to be fifty degrees. I'm planning to combine my post office visit with lunch out of doors. I want to take advantage of any good weather we get. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

9 comments

Olde Dame Holly said...

Your eyes may have been blurry but the photos are beautifully sharp and so nicely composed, as always! What a treat, thank you! And sorry the eyes are a bit worse, but at least you are aware and doing all that can be done.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So is it Macular Degeneration that you have, some kind of rare type? I am so sorry it has gotten worse, but it sounds like you have a good eye doctor who will keep AN EYE on it, pun intended. Have you been seeing well? I love the windows, it is the only way I will ever get to see them. So colorful and joyful!

Janie Junebug said...

I hate to shop, but shopping in NYC is fun. So sorry about your eye problem.

Love,
Janie

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Bloomies did a fantastic job and I thank you for showing us these fantastic windows. I love that they paid homage to all the animals/pets that gave us comfort during this extremely difficult time.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

How fun to go and visit Bloomies after your eye appointment. I like the way they decorated the windows. It's always fun being in NYC for the holidays.

Edna B said...

I love these window displays. I love all animals so it was especially nice to see windows reminding us of all the love and joy these animals bring to us. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The windows are just beautiful. Thanks for taking that walk so we could see them. Will say a prayer all stays well with your eyes. They are such a gift. So many times we take our sight for granted but you are right, it's good to have regular checkups. Looking forward to your pink Saturday!

Lynda said...

With my glaucoma, the doctor suggested I eat more kale. As you know… It tastes better fresh from the garden rather than a few days old. I do eat it but I also take powdered Kale tablets.

Thank you for taking pictures of decorations for us so we can share the holiday fun too with you.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I enjoyed your photos. I miss seeing the holiday decorated windows at the Denver Drygoods store. It's been 40 years since I've been to Denver at Christmas so I don't know if they decorate or not anymore. Hoping our vision will improve or there is treatment that will help. Wishing you a grand weekend!