Powered by Blogger.

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas: You Never Know Who You'll Meet

 

My new friend, Buddy

I've tried to make the most of this week and the superb weather and I'm happy with the pictures I've been able to put together in the neighborhood. I'm having thoughts of next year's cards, though if I don't get busy writing cards I will lots left to send next year. 

This photograph may be coming to a mailbox near you in 2021

Whenever I think I've walked on every block in the neighborhood (especially during my walks in the spring) I discover a block that looks totally unfamiliar. This happened today and I so enjoyed seeing the beautiful brownstones on West 88th Street. 

I found this fun doorway on the street where I met Buddy. There are so many elements that I like, and I'm especially a fan of the big wreath above the doorway.

I know I think the same thing every year, but I can't believe that Chanukah is half over and that Christmas will be here in less than two weeks. Weather and travel permitting, I'm still planning to visit a few favorite places to visit. The forecast for tomorrow is heavy rain, but Tuesday looks clear. I'm going to make every effort to get to Rockefeller Center and see the tree. Today would have been perfect, but I was concerned that it would be too crowded.  Though this year has been very different than past years, December is rushing by just like it always has.   

As ever, thanks for visiting, stay safe and enjoy the season. 


10 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

This entryway is amazing, so professionally done, and so much to see. I would never be able to put together so many elements without it looking cheesy. So these tenants are very talented! I hope you make it to see the big tree! I watched the lighting ceremony on T.V.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love these decorations. Thanks for sharing NYC in all her holiday splendor. I will look forward to even more. Have a great week and see you soon!

acorn hollow said...

wow thank you for such a wonderful walk! I love the brownstone!!!
Cathy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes, the time is flying by and even though we are not doing as much it doesn't stop. I love all the decorations and sights you see. Glad you can still get out to enjoy them.

Edna B said...

There is some really beautiful architecture in this neighborhood. Beautiful photos. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Latane Barton said...

A glimpse of Christmas in New York. That made my day!

Mevely317 said...

That first wreath (2nd pix) is exquisite! ... And Buddy-the-elf made me laugh out loud.

Karen said...

The brownstones all decorated are so beautiful and unlike anything I would see where I live. Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to your posts.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Oh my, what fantastic wreaths. I put up a Plan B fake wreath this year and added some extra greens of my own. I m so disappointed in not having a totally live green wreath but I am not brave enough to go inside a store to buy one. Next year.....

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a display at that brownstone and also the wreath above it. Seems some folks do go all put with exterior greenery and it makes one wonder ehat the interiors look like.