Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to Saks Fifth Avenue

 

For our Pink Saturday fun, let's go visit Saks Fifth Avenue.  



After my visit to see the tree at Rockefeller Center I crossed Fifth Avenue to see the windows at Saks Fifth Avenue. We've lost a number of department stores since I moved to New York City in 1975 and I'm so grateful that Saks is still around and creates beautiful windows at Christmas. 


There are a lot of apartment buildings in New York City, but many areas are single family houses that are decorated for Christmas. This scene reminded me of my friends' neighborhood in Brooklyn, which always has lots of fun decorations. I especially liked the penguins, all dressed up for a party. 

I loved this parade  of taxis complete with 
musicians driving to Broadway. 

Over the East River, via the Roosevelt Island
 tram, to celebrate Christmas!

It wouldn't be Christmas in New York without The Nutcracker!

I know some have already put their holiday decorations away, but we'll keep celebrating for a few more days. We've got a visit to Bergdorf Goodman in the next few days and if the weather permits, I'm going to make every effort to get to Macy's. Here, the monkeys will probably retire on New Year's Day, but the snowmen will stay around for another week after that. I've got a few more cards to answer, but hope to have my notes written in the next few days. By New Year's Eve I want to sort all of my cards, wrapping paper and supplies and be organized for next year. When do you put your decorations away?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care.  

11 comments

kestrel said...

WOW, such beautiful and interesting decorations. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I '' get to New York for Cmas one day!

Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. said...

Happy to visit again.
Happy to inform the success of Online Handbook of Industrial Engineering - 2019 Version - Narayana Rao A to Z 2020 Blogger.

acorn hollow said...

I keep things up until after the new year I have been known to keep things up much longer than most lol I enjoy seeing the Christmas sparkle in the dead of our winter.
cathy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I so love to see the windows with decorations! Thank you for sharing this holiday treat with all of us. I put things away a little at a time. Happy New year!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Christmas stays up here until January 6th. Thanks you for sharing those beautiful windows with us. What a wonderful sight to see.

Edna B said...

The store windows are wonderful but my favorite is the first one. I remember when I was a little girl, we would walk the whole length of Quincy Square and look at all the store windows at Christmas time. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I loved window shopping at Saks!! It is so special. I know this means a lot to followers like me, who live in a small town. I think my favorite are the pretty lit up buildings with the lights in the windows. I can't wait for Macy's! I had heard they are doing badly, I so much hope they survive! After Christmas I take down some decorations. But I leave the ones out that can be used for the winter season, and not specifically Christmas. Like snowmen and such.

Marcia said...

Neat to see those windows. It's adding art - dressing windows.

I usually take down decorations on Jan 1st but this year I took them down on the 26th. Being in a new house (new to us but old 1839 vintage) since Dec 4th I'd only had it decorated for Christmas. I needed to set this up for how we will live the rest of the year.

Karen said...

The windows are beautiful! I leave my decorations up through New Year's Day. I'll take them down this Saturday.

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love the holiday windows. All the stalwarts of my young years in the South are fallen flags, but at least I can recall the wonder and beauty of their windows...and enjoy these wonderful windows that you posted!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I will certainly miss seeing the holiday decorations in NYC, so thanks Carol for these wonderful posts. It is nice that Saks still continues with window decorations and these were outstanding, and yes I also liked the penguins. Best wishes to you for a better and happier new year, not that you have been unhappy, but we have all been rather dismayed at the lack of in person social contact and other restrictions. We're keeping our holiday decorations in place until at least Jan 6.