Powered by Blogger.

Goodbye and Farewell, 2020

2021 is almost here

Late this morning I realized it might be about twelve hours until I could finally see the rear of 2020, but for friends in New Zealand and Australia, the new year had already arrived. When I checked it was 4:00 a.m. in Auckland and my New Zealand friends had finished their celebrations and were having their first night sleep of 2021. 

In about three hours it will be a wrap on 2020 in New York, too. While this wasn't the year I imagined I would live at this time last year, there are infinite things I am grateful for. Family, friends and good health top the list and Zoom, that kept us all connected. I especially appreciate the friends with whom I walked the streets and parks of New York. I learned that when all the activities that fill my time are taken away, what really mattered -- those I care about -- remained.  

This is my final post of 2020. I'll be back tomorrow with my perfect word for 2021. Later in the weekend we'll go window shopping at Bergdorf Goodman to see their beautiful holiday decorations. 

Now it's time for a Buttercupland New Year's Eve wedding, which will be featured on Wedding Wednesday, January 6. All details are a secret until then.

Many thanks for another year of Buttercupland friendship. My blog friends have meant so much to me over the years, but never more than during this long, difficult year. Every hope and prayer for good health and happiness.

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy new year. Happy 2021!
 

7 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy New Year!! I am so glad to have found your wonderful blog!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A Happy New year to you too. 2020 was not a year any of us wanted but we survived and live to see another day. My word for 2021 is Thrive. I survived so now I want to thrive. Looking forward to seeing your word. It'helps I think to keep us focused.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Happy and healthy 202, Carol, and may it be kinder to us all.

Edna B said...

Happy New Year. I'm so glad to have you for my blog friend. I wish you a wonderful new year. Hugs, Edna B.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Happy New Year! I wonder about this upcoming wedding! WHO will be in the wedding party and will there be tin cans tied to the back of the new convertible? I guess we'll find out next week!

Maggid said...

💙Happy New Year!💙
love & love,
-g-

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy New Year to all in Butterup Land!