Powered by Blogger.

It's Really (National) Monkey Monday

 


I couldn't let National Monkey Day go by without a post. Yes, there really is a day to celebrate monkeys, though, in Buttercupland, we celebrate monkeys every day. One of the snowmen and a few of the penguins came to serenade Pep, Bongo and Socko on one of their favorite days.   

One thought to remember for National Monkey Day is that there are 262 species of monkeys and currently, half of those species are endangered, including orangutans. Pep has an adopted sister in Borneo, Joyce, and she and her orangutan friends face many challenges. 


  

Monkey Memory Monday with Pep, Socko and office friend, Screamer

We only had rain today and I was able to get out and take pictures of the lights at 10 Columbus Circle, which will be our post tomorrow. While I was there to take pictures I noticed that there was no line for Whole Foods and decided to see if it was a good time, i.e., relatively empty, to shop. It was and I stocked up on a number of things I've been wanting. I can't remember the last time I was at Whole Foods and it was almost like being at an amusement park. I had forgotten how much fun it was to have the huge selection to choose from. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.

5 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am loving both their joyride, and their attentive audience. I didn't know how many monkey species there are, but man is killing off all the animals it seems! I heard somewhere that by 2025 about half of most species will be endangered. And here we are supposed to be the caretakers of the earth!!!

acorn hollow said...

Happy monkey day! they are sweet looking.
I haven't been in whole foods for years we do not have one near us. I usually shop our local grocery store at 6 am to get in and out. I hate grocery shopping and I do not like being near a lot of people.
Cathy

Edna B said...

I just love the photos of the monkeys. It hurts my heart how man is destroying our animals and their habitats. We don't have a Whole Foods here, but I can order from them on Amazon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I did take note of Monkey Day and naturally thought of you. Such Fun! Sad to think of endangered species in the world and how many we no longer have. Good to support them if we can. Will look forward to your post of Christmas lights, I can't seem to get enough of them this year. We all more light in our world.

Theresa said...

Happy National Monkey day to Pepe and all of his friends:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!