Powered by Blogger.

Thanks to All Who Labor Today

Workers Holiday, Coney Island by Ralph Fasanella,
American Folk Art Museum

It's a beautiful, sunny day in New York City. In a little while I will be joining friends for a trip to Lower Manhattan. We'll take public transit, eat in a restaurant and I may stop at the grocery on the way home. While I and millions of others are enjoying a holiday from work there are also millions of Americans who are at their jobs. Their efforts today keep New York and America running. 

Throughout the last six months we've celebrated essential workers who kept things going when many of us stayed at home. Once again, Buttercupland says thank you. The list is long, but a special shout out to my colleagues at Transit agencies. You keep America moving --  over fifty New York City Transit employees paid the ultimate price during the Pandemic -- every day  of the year. 

Thank you to those who are working and happy wishes to everyone who is enjoying a rest on the last days of summer. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  

9 comments

Brenda said...

I absolutely love love your blog. I love NYC. Went once in the 1990's and fell in love. My son started to do the Marathon in early 2000's...we went, along with his sister...for several years. Love that city. When I turned 70, a few years ago, after a celebration in Florida with son and family, a few months later, in February, my daughter and a couple of the grandgirls, spent almost a week there...my favorite of all the Met Museum...my favorite...prices were so cheap in February for hotels...at that time, the Museum was still donation...realize it has changed. We like the salad restaurants...slices of pizza...and of course, Ellen's...love going out to Statue of L...just all the touristy things...but walking is a fav...that trip was 2018...Feb...planned a trip this year also...not to be. Keep blogging about my favorite city-even beats London for me...l will return one day...and walk the streets...thank you so much.

Nellie said...

Wishing you a happy day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Labor Day! I'm thankful to have been able two work long enough to retire and I'm thankful for the job that had a retirement plan in place too. I agree, we can not say thank you enough for all those keeping our cities going.

DeniseinVA said...

Very well said Buttercup! We ow them our never ending gratitude! Love the carousel horse and enjoy your time with friends. Good health to you all out there, and Happy Labor Day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Labor Day.

Happy September too.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

The transit people, grocery store workers, healthcare professionals, and so many more are the new heroes!! WOW, this horse and background is gorgeous!! Waiting to see your next post about your adventure today!

Theresa said...

It looks like a great way to spend Labor Day! I am appreciative for all who labor to keep us going. Times have really been hard for so many and as you said, so many have lost their lives. Prayers for all as we keep on keepin' on! HUGS!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Yes in this really weird year - there is so much to be grateful for and appreciative of. I was supposed to be at the US Open now - oh well!
Hope your Labor Day was fun.
Wren x

Jeanie said...

Well said in every way!