Powered by Blogger.

National Teddy Bear Day 2020

 

Paws and Teddy wish you a happy National Teddy Bear Day, 2020

Thanks to my good friend, Myra at Respice, Prospice I discovered that today was National Teddy Bear Day.  I knew I would be totally remiss if I didn't organize a Buttercupland celebration to honor the teddy bear members of our community. 

No surprise that there a number of teddy bears in Buttercupland, but today I'm featuring Paws and Teddy. Paws joined the group in 2013. He didn't arrive in a tuxedo, but he's a party animal and once he discovered it in Pep's wardrobe, it became his regular wear. Teddy on the right was my mother's bear, which makes him over 100 years old. Teddy is the cherished elder of our community and looks remarkably well for a very senior teddy bear. 

It's not just Teddy Bear Day, but it's the day following the US publication of The Darkest Evening, by Ann Cleeves. I posted about this yesterday on my mystery blog, Coffee Light and Mysteries Noir. I enjoyed it very much and am now eager to catch up on the entire Vera Stanhope mystery series. I highly recommend it -- especially if you're a British mystery fan -- as well as the Shetland series.

Tomorrow and Friday, September 11, I will be posting photographs from my visit to Lower Manhattan. I hope you will stop by for both posts. 

As ever, thanks to visiting and take good care. Our prayers and hearts go out to everyone suffering from the fires in the West. Please stay safe, my friends. 



7 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

I could tell right away that Teddy is a senior bear. But still so dashing! And I am sure, very sentimental.

Mevely317 said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out! 'Teddy' looks remarkably well-cared for; I can just imagine how good it feels to hold him and s-q-u-i-s-h. When I first saw Paws' outfit I wondered if he wasn't trying to look like Hugh Hefner? (*grin*)

Love that chair, particularly the needlepoint. Did you mother do that? Have a great day!

Marcia said...

My granddaughters have such an assortment of teddy bears and they are well loved. Yours are so cute.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What a joy that must be to have your mom’s Teddy.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that old Teddy bear SO much! What a treasure...all the hugs he's had over the years! So great that you have him and he can be Boss Teddy bear! Enjoy your day!

Edna B said...

Such beautiful Teddy Bears! I've never met an "oldie" such as yours. What a treasure! Enjoy them and have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Jeanie said...

How did I miss your Anne Cleeves post? I must go there now!

Hugs to the bears!